SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Cover artwork does not sync to "music" app mac os

From latest Create Support Files

this song was not found by songkong (no titles no cover).
it`s a song by curtis harding (i wont let you down).
but songkong found the song before, when i first put it in the “music” app.

SongKong it not designed for matching one song at a time, there may be an issue with SongKong here but it is not top priority because you are not using it in a way it is designed to be used, do you get a match if you use Jaikoz instead ?

ah, ok. good to know, but i still believe i can use songkong and jaikoz for my advantage, because in the end it finds most of the songs and some of the artworks.
i did not try to match the last song with jaikoz, but i‘ll do this evening.
songkong identifies the songs and even if i play a song it shows the thumbnail artwork next to it, but if i go on „information“ the artwork is missing.
sometimes jaikoz puts the artwork to the „music“ app, but haven‘t found a reason why and sometimes not.

If you would like me to resolve it yo need to give me one issue and then some evidence, currently I have

• artwork not added for song in SongKong
  • artwork added to SongKong but only visible as thumbnail in Music

these are very different issues I think I have explained the first issue, but for second issue I need a status report showing the songs that have artwork in SongKong but then another screenshot to show the situation for the same songs in Music app so I can see the discrepancy.

hello!
i think mainly it is “artwork added to songkonk but only visible as thumbnail in music”.
i will send you an report and a screenshot about this theme right away.

thanks for caring again,

philipp

Okay thanks I can see in SongKong report there is artwork could you send me the file (using email or dropbox)

sure. what file exactly do you mean?

I meant the audio file - /Users/creasy/Music/iTunes/Music/Unknown Artist/before the piece of surf - test/16- Audiospur.aiff

But actually just realized (because I was looking at your report in German and misunderstood what I was looking at) that you are not renaming the files into artist/album folders. I think that may be the issue, could you try rerunning against that folder with Rename Filesnames based on Metadata set to Yes for all files and see if that resolves it.

we got it!!

cover artwork and songs were recognized now. i changed two settings. the one you want me to change and one setting in "format" which says "let there be changes in meta data even if its just the song that accords".

thanks for everything. now i save a lot of time with your app,
philipp

1 Like

we don`t got it.
in the new version of songkong 8.2 M1 version, the same problem appears again.
songkong recognizes the songs (most of them) and the thumbnail of the cover artwork appears when i play it, but it is not showing up in “information” of the song and it is not synced to the music app.

Is your Mac one with the new M1 chip ?

yes! i use the new macbook pro 16,2 inch

There may an issue with the new SongKong M1 build and the integration with Apple Music.

Could you:

• Uninstall SongKong
  • Download SonKng 8.2 Intel version (this will run using Rosetta 2 as previous vesions did)
  • Update an Album, and see if it works with Music app

There seems to be problems with both MacOS with M1 chip and MacOS version 11 and later, I am looking at this now.

so thank you for caring about this problem.
i can uninstall songkong and install tge intel version later today snd tell you whether it‘s working better (if still needed)….otherwise i‘ll wait snd see if you can solve the problem.
philipp

No there is no point in doing that now, please will just have to wait for 8.2.1, in meantime if files are already in Apple Music app try selecting them and then Refresh.

Hi, fixed in SongKong 8.3