SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Composer added to song title

Hello,

When fixing songs, I select the option to add composer to the MinimServer group.
When there is no group, SongKong adds the composer to the song title.
As a result, an album can have a mix of song titles with and without the composer.
Is this expected behaviour?

Thanks, Jeroen

No dont think so, please run Create Support Files

Ok, I just generated the files.

Hi thanks for the support files. So actually this on purpose - https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/SONGKONG-1965

This is because if have enabled the Add Composer to start of MinimServer Group, this is used by MinimServer for playing Classical Works option we expect you will be playing your music using MinimServer. Therefore when track is part of a group it will be hidden by default, instead you will see the list of MinimServer groups in the album and these will show the composer. But if it is a single track that is not part of a group that track will be shown at the same level, therefore it would be weird if the title did not show the composer.

So in Disc 1, track 1 is the only one to show composer in the title field.

the others do not, but that is because are all movements in a work and therefore MinimServer will show the value of the MinimServer Group field, e.g track 2

So, this option works consistently if using with MinimServer, if not using with MinimServer then you should disable the option. If sometimes using MinimServer and sometimes not probably best to disable the option and use MinimServer displayFormat option to add the composer instead.

Thanks for your explanation.
I use MinimServer and like the idea of having groups. However, my control point (iOS foobar2000) seems to struggle playing subsequent groups without manual intervention.
That’s why I will change back to a flat list of album songs by ignoring the groups.
I will follow your suggestion to disable the composer option and use the MinimServer displayFormat when needed.