SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Capitalizer bugs

Here’s a song title: LE LONG DE LA ROUTE (NEW VERSION)
Right click title -> Capitalizer -> Title Case
Result: LE LONG DE LA ROUTE (NEW VERSION)
Do the same again. Result:
LE LONG DE LA ROUTE (new Version)
Try with Sentence case. Result:
LE long de la route (new version)
Try lower case all letters. Result:
le long de la route (new version)
Try Title Case. Result:
Try Title Case once more. Result:
Le Long de la Route (new Version)

What’s up?

The “workaround” is currently to do a lowercase all letters at least twice, then do Title Case at least twice, then manually correct the “special” word “new” to “New”.

I can barely work with the manual editing of Live, New etc. (even though this should be addressed, there must be a way without breaking the Musicbrainz integration), but the bugs in capitalizer functions force me to use different tools (and that’s really unfortunate).

Thank you, A.

So usually when people have words in capital they are there on purpose so that is why we do not change them when using Title Case/Sentence Case, but you can force by running lowercase

So in such cases run lowercase once, and then titlecase once to get into Title case.

You can also modify the capitalizer a little

But if the songs are matched to MusicBrainz I would let MusicBrainz fix the values, that is going to be quicker and more accurate then trying to do it manually.

Okay looking at this in more detail, now I dont get the having do run the same thing twice issue that you reported these are my results

Here’s a song title: LE LONG DE LA ROUTE (NEW VERSION)
Right click title -> Capitalizer -> Title Case

Try with Sentence case. Result:
LE long de la route (new version)

Try lower case all letters. Result:

Try Title Case. Result:

But I do the see the annoyance that you would expect Title Case to go from

to

Le Long de la Route (new version)

This is caused by an automatic rule we implemented called the Acronym rule, in Title case if we find an existing word between 2 and 5 characters all in capitals, this was intended to not mess up existing acronyms such as WWW

If we remove this rule then we get:

So I am thinking we should remove this rather arbitary acronym rule since you can add acronyms you do have by adding to the Capitalize all letters in Title and Sentence Case setting.

Now, there is another rule that keeps certain words lowercase if in brackets, and we need to make this editable this is covered in https://jthink.atlassian.net/jira/software/c/projects/JAIKOZ/issues/JAIKOZ-1113 then you would be able to have

Le Long de la Route (new version) or Le Long de la Route (New Version) (not sure which you want)

Ok, added the words in lowercase if first word in brackets as editable list

Fixed in Jaikoz 11.8 Belly released January 23rd 2024