SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Bitdefender qurantines songkong-10.7.jar as a trojan

My Bitdefender qurantined songkong-10.7.jar as a trojan (Trojan.GenericKD.73069566) When I ran SongKong 10.7 the first time. Any idea why this happens?

Hmm it happened for 10.6 as well, I submitted it as a false positive and that seemed to resolve things. So I guess 10.7 has the same issue and is again triggering a false positive so need to submit this new one as well. But I have no idea why the installer keeps triggering these false positives.

Thank you for the reply. I didn’t have any problem with 10.6 but I’m looking forward to it beeing submittet :+1:

It is probable you didn’t install 10.6 until after bitdefender had removed false positive.

Bitdefender has just reported a Trojan detection for me too :unamused:

Okay installed BitDefender Free AntiVirus on my computer (annoyingly doesnt let you install unless you remove existing other AntiVirus software first) and installed SongKong 10.7 and then ran it and saw the trojan issue.

I have now submitted to BitDefender so hopefully be resolved within a couple of days.

2 Likes

I have just downloaded and reinstalled SongKong and BitDefender no longer complaining (I also ran a Quick Scan and no longer reporting isues) so should now be okay for you.

2 Likes

Actually, my Bitdefender still quarantined songkong-10.7.jar today. I have Bitdefender as part of Netgear Armor so perhaps there’s something different with that A/V program. Furthermore, Malwarebytes is blocking the SongKong/Jaikoz website as riskware. I’ll add exceptions for both items.

That’s annoying, I have BitDefender installed now and it didn’t complain about SongKong 10.8.

What exactly is Malware complaining about?

I will remove the exceptions I added to Bitdefender for version 10.7 & re-test for version 10.8 and report back.

Malwarebytes blocks website as riskware.

Summary

Malwarebytes
-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 7/22/2024
Protection Event Time: 5:53 PM
Log File: cde11d94-4874-11ef-b8e6-cc96e51e56b7.json

-Software Information-
Version: 5.1.6.117
Components Version: 1.0.1280
Update Package Version: 1.0.87064
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe, Blocked, -1, -1, 0.0.0, ,

-Website Data-
Category: RiskWare
Domain: www.jthink.net
IP Address: 198.72.117.89
Port: 443
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

When I selected to ignore “risk” and proceed to the website, I was still unable access it. And even adding Jthink’s domain or IP address to Malwarebytes’ exception list didn’t allow access. Although in these instances there weren’t riskware alerts, just website error messages, regardless of web browser used. Before adding Jthink to the allowed list, I think one such error concerned something about server certificates &/or possible misconfiguration of website (I’m not certain of this & have been unable to since re-create it). Nonetheless, I continue to receive server error messages, as long as I have Malwarebytes’ Web Protection turned on:

Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 02-27-44 Server Not Found - MB Web Protection On with Domain or IP address added to exceptions

Thus, the only solution I found was to turn off Malwarebytes’ Web Protection anytime I wish to go to Jthink’s website.

I apologize for delayed response. I will post back soon about Bitdefender, but, in the meantime, please let me know if there’s any further information I may provide. And also how best to do so, should you find there’s any oversights in this post (eg. the use of the functions). Thank you.

Bitdefender Update

I removed the exception I had for Song Kong when I had Song Kong 10.7 and there is no issue with it quarantining Song Kong 10.8. I further tested by scanning the Program Files Jthink folder with Bitdefender and then with Malwarebytes and neither application flagged anything as suspicious.

Malwarebytes Update

After re-starting my PC with Web Protection toggled on and exceptions for the Jthink domain removed, I now received the same website error message I had initially that I couldn’t recall in my last post, along with the same Malwarebytes riskware warning. It was error code: PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR:

Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 11-04-26 Problem loading page

Further, I see that I’ll need to toggle Malwarebytes’ Web Protection off for not only the Jthink website but also when using Song Kong as it verifies the license on the server.

Please let me know if I can provide further information.

On a separate note, is there a way to get alerts when there’s a reply to one of my posts or even an email notification (I’ll post this q. elsewhere, if better). Thanks.

So to summarize BitDefender is fine now, but MawareBytes complains when SongKong/Jaikoz try to contact jthink server to verify license ?

Correct, Bitdefender is now fine with version 10.8 but Malwarebytes has not been since at least the time 10.8 was first released.

Besides license verification Malwarebytes blocks the https://www.jthink.net domain altogether if I try to visit it. But it’s all the same issue: it considers the website bad even after adding it as an exception.