SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Beatport (API) as ID3 Tag Source

Im afraid not so far, but if you run SongKong Lite Preview you can see exactly how much is identified before purchase.

Thanks for the info, please keep this on the wish list
 especially for unsigned artists. (Also vote for Bandcamp if that’s possible too)

Turns out SongKong managed to id a little less than half of the 725 SoundCloud songs, so that’s a bunch I won’t have to do manually. You made a fan today!

• 1 for beatport intĂ©gration. This is actually the reason i haven’t renewed my jaikoz or songkong licences due to my very large electronic music library (expectes being a dj)

Would gladly come back with this addition Paul :slightly_smiling_face:

I need to look into this, however it is worth noting that even if the songs are not in MusicBrainz/Discogs there is still a good chance they are in the much larger Acoustid database and if so allows SongKong to add basic artist/album/title information. I would suggest you run SongKong Fix Songs in preview mode to see how many it gets.

Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 18.57.59

here is the result. How can I send you the full report?

If you run Create Support Files that will automatically send me the report

Recieved the report, but can see from the summary above that about 50% of songs are getting matched. Note that 16,000 songs were matched to MusicBrainz, and a further 5000 songs could not be matched to MusicBrainz but could be matched to Acoustid and basic information added.

I have made a request to beatports to use their api, to see if my application is acceptable to them.

3 Likes

Contacted beatport, but got the following reply:

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your interest. At this time our Technology Teams will not be issuing any new API keys.

Unfortunately, there are no immediate plans for an open API or keyed access. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,
Santi

2 posts were split to a new topic: Bandcamp support for SongKong