SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

An illegal reflective access operation has occurred

I keep getting the following error when trying to run SongKong. Running on headless Ubuntu 18.04.02 LTS. SonkKong Pro. I have submitted support files. Thanks in advance.

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.apache.poi.util.DocumentHelper (file:/home/user/songkong/lib/poi-ooxml-3.15.jar) to method com.sun.org.apache.xerc es.internal.util.SecurityManager.setEntityExpansionLimit(int)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.apache.poi.util.DocumentHelper
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Songs matched In:696 secs
Songs Report is:/home/user/.songkong/Reports/FixSongsReport00005/FixSongsRep ort00005.html

Hi, okay that message is just a warning that has come about because of changes between Java 8 and Java 10. Currently SongKong is compatible with Java 8, 9 and 10, to remove that Java 10 warning I would have to change the code so it was no longer compatible with Java 8. For the moment I hesitate to do this because some linux based setup prefer to use Java 8 then Java 10 (e.g Docker).

But I have reviews your logs and the problem is OutOfMemory issue. Now usually SongKong does not require that much memory but if you have a large number of files in a single folder AND the computer memory allocated to SongKong is relatively low then it can hit a a memory issue

You seem to have started all songs in a flat structure, and SongKong is allocated to 1.8GB of your servers 8GB. If you could temporarily increase this to 4GB that should solve the issue. modifying the memory for different oses is described in the Help.

Thanks for the response. How can I increase the amount of memory dedicated to songkong? Can I do that by modifying the songkongremote.sh file?

Yes, I wasn’t sure how you were starting SongKong so I just referenced Help but I note now that this particular startup file memory is hardcoded to 1800M,

jre64/bin/java -Xms150m -Xmx1800m --add-opens java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED  -jar lib/songkong-5.15.jar -r

to increase to 4GB just change the value of Xmx

jre64/bin/java -Xms150m -Xmx4000m --add-opens java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED  -jar lib/songkong-5.15.jar -r

Thanks again. It is a dedicated VM. SongKong is only think running. I will increase to 6 if memory is the issue.

Can I ask why you are using a VM, since SongKong is natively available for the major platforms ?

FYI Songkong is also available for Docker, which is like a VM but more lightweight - https://www.docker.com/

The instructions for using this are Synlogy/Qnap biased but its very simple to use for Docker in general.

I will probably get a docker setup going for a permanent solution. Looking forward to playing with Docker.
I’m just getting home lab all setup. Trying to tag/rename/dedup songs for a future plex server.
I prefer VMware to hyperv, but the hyperv was quick and easy for now.
VMware ESXi setup is next…

But what I mean is are you are actually running a Linux VM on Windows, if so why not just run SongKong for Windows ?

LOL. Yeah, at work I manage a very large windows infrastructure. But I secretly prefer linux secretly for its stability. Better memory management in a headless linux environment I suppose. Just enjoy learning the CLI too I guess.

okay well its up to you, but whilst I agree that memory management on a native linux machine is much better than windows I dont think memory management is better if running linux on a virtual machine running on a windows machine.

Oh. I definitely agree. Windows server is the only thing I have up at the moment.