SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

A few issues running SongKong on Unraid

I have SongKong running in a docker on Unraid and have a couple of issures:

1. The changes SongKong makes are owned by root:root when they should be nobody:users. Is there a way to recognize a UID and GID docker variable? perhaps also a UMASK varialble would be helpful.

2 I would like to ad a user define javascript function however preferences does not allow me to save.

Thanks for the great program., Mark

[quote=xenoi]I have SongKong running in a docker on Unraid and have a couple of issures:

1. The changes SongKong makes are owned by root:root when they should be nobody:users. Is there a way to recognize a UID and GID docker variable? perhaps also a UMASK varialble would be helpful.
    [/quote]
    Hi Mark,
    When SongKong was originally released in a docker version it did define a user, however we finding we were having problems because the user didnt have access to modify a customer music files. So we removed it so it defaulted to root and this has worked much better. But maybe for unRAID this is not ideal, however I need to do some more research as I am not an expert on either Docker or unRAID. it may be worth opening up a discussion on the https://forums.unraid.net/topic/80604-support-songkong-music-tagger/
    to get some input form other unRAID customers

Can you run Create Support Files please

[quote=paultaylor]
Hi Mark,
When SongKong was originally released in a docker version it did define a user, however we finding we were having problems because the user didnt have access to modify a customer music files. So we removed it so it defaulted to root and this has worked much better. But maybe for unRAID this is not ideal, however I need to do some more research as I am not an expert on either Docker or unRAID. [/quote]

On unraid, files owned by root cannot be change by smb users or other non- root dockers. I’m new to unraid so maybe we can figure this out together. Unraid and Songkong should be a great team.

Done, thanks

How widespread is this issue because when modifying files SongKong should not usually be creating files just modifying files, and this should not modify ownership or permissions. Although it can create new files for mp3s (and then deleting existing) for mp3 format if the original mp3 does not have enough space in the tag to store the new metadata.

You have a found a regression with the Web user interface, with Add Javascript and Edit Javascript using WebUI, pressing the Save button is not having any effect I have raised

https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/SONGKONG-1751

I will get this fixed for next release.

In the meantime the workaround would be:

• Install SongKong on Mac/PC/Linux desktop where you can use desktop mode
  • Create Javascript function in desktop mode
  • Exit SongKong
  • Look at your renamemask.properties file (C:\Users\username\appdata\roaming\songkong in Windows)
  • Then you can either simply replace the unRAID file with this one to transfer over rename mask and javascript functions, or just find the relevant Javascript line and copy that over (but if you do that make sure it is numbered correctly so you dont have two lines with the same number)

It seems to be all files, whether I tick the move dir option or not.

[quote]
In the meantime the workaround would be:

• Install SongKong on Mac/PC/Linux desktop where you can use desktop mode
  • Create Javascript function in desktop mode
  • Exit SongKong
  • Look at your renamemask.properties file (C:\Users\username\appdata\roaming\songkong in Windows)
  • Then you can either simply replace the unRAID file with this one to transfer over rename mask and javascript functions, or just find the relevant Javascript line and copy that over (but if you do that make sure it is numbered correctly so you dont have two lines with the same number)[/quote]
    I was able to use this workaround. However, I ran into the root owned files problem with the renamemask.properties file. I could not touch it from windows without first running chmod in unraid. I want to restate that I see this as a huge problem, that no other docker I’ve used has because they allow you to set the user and group.

I also checke to see how my Synology stores files (no songkong) and the music files are owned by mark:users. I checked some tv shows pulled by sonarr and they were owned by nzbdrone:users. I didn’t see many files owned by root in any user shares, and they seem to be system files. My point being if SongKong changes files on Synology to roor:root, I wonder if they have the same problem I am having.

Thanks for reading

If the musicfiles are not being moved then this should not happen, that doesnt make much sense to me, okay I will get to this as soon as I can but I do have some other issues I need to look at first, raised - https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/SONGKONG-1757

This is now fixed in SongKong 6.2

Created a discussion about docker users at https://forums.unraid.net/topic/81258-correct-way-to-define-users-with-docker-unraid/

Actually the issue with Move Matched is that when the new folders are created to store the moved files they are owned by root with permissions for everyone else as only r-x. The permissions of the files themselves remain rw and are still owned by nobody/groups users but because the directory they are is not writable for non root users it means files cannot be deleted/renamed/added to that folder. FWIW although it would not make much sense for music files you should have permission to actually edit the contents of the files.

Yes, this is exactly what I see. However, I don’t understand/disagree with your last point about editing music files. I absolutely need the ability to edit music files either through SongKong or other means. If you see one of my other messages, as it stands, SongKong cannot change the IsCompilation field, so I need to be able to use another tool. SongKong prevents that as it stands.

So for the next release I will at the very least umask 000 for Docker version so it will be possible to add/delete/modify files.

Sorry I just meant from the command line you could edit the files (i.e with a text editor ) but that wouldn’t make much sense, sorry for the confusion

[quote=xenoi]
If you see one of my other messages, as it stands, SongKong cannot change the IsCompilation field, so I need to be able to use another tool. SongKong prevents that as it stands.[/quote]
Sorry I have missed that, it what way cant you modify compilation field ?

Umask fix for Docker releases and IsCompilation fix both now available in SongKong 6.3 Psychocandy

Some issues with the new releas:

debuglogfile is:/songkong/Logs/songkong_debug%u-%g.log
userlogfile is:/songkong/Logs/songkong_user%u-%g.log
songkong:remote dbinit
songkong:remote started
ServerStatusReport:startTask
Start Fixing Songs

SongKong is basically doing nothing and I have to cancel the process. As a result and a second run: ```opt/songkong/songkongremote8.sh: umask: line 1: illegal mode: 000
debuglogfile is:/songkong/Logs/songkong_debug%u-%g.log
userlogfile is:/songkong/Logs/songkong_user%u-%g.log
songkong:remote dbinit
songkong:remote started
ServerStatusReport:startTask
Start Fixing Songs
---------------ServerFixSongs:cancelTask

ReportId:120
Songs Report is:/songkong/Reports/FixSongsReport00120/FixSongsReport00120.html
songkong:server unable to start fix songs:org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not prepare statement

What is this on, unRaid ?

It seems in some cases on update it is not recreating the database on update to a newer version which it needs to because the database is changed. Please run Empty Database, if it fails run it again and it should work second time.

I’m looking into why the database is not recreated it, but seems to be when run as remote server rather than desktop application.

This error is due to windows eoln character OD so I will rebuild docker image.

The first issue is being fixed by having emptied the database 2 times. SongKong is back running. Thx. Paul.

[quote=paultaylor][quote]
/opt/songkong/songkongremote8.sh: umask: line 1: illegal mode: 000
[/quote]
This error is due to windows eoln character OD so I will rebuild docker image.[/quote]
This problem is now fixed, and tested.

If you remove Docker image and reinstall this will be resolved.

This is now fixed, the initial build of SongKong 6.3 (Build Date 19/06/2019) has been replaced by a newer version (Build Date 20/06/2019) that solves this problem for all platforms