SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

A bad start

Downloaded today to try it out, the story so far:

Thought I’d start out by just updating lyrics on some songs. Tried with a bunch and then discovered it doesn’t get lyrics for FLAC.

Tried with a bunch of mp3s then discovered I can only do 20 at a time.

Tried bunches of 20 mp3s. Takes about 5-10 mins to process, can never connect to MB and half lyrics are empty, even well known tracks.

At the moment it’s quicker to do it manually.

Is this normal, am I doing something wrong, or have I just picked a bad day?

Thanks.

It does get lyrics for FLAC, perhaps they couldnt be found for those particular songs. It is a trial which is why it is limited to 20 songs at a time, but you can test Jaikoz features against a larger set it is only saving that is limited to 20 songs at a time.

I think you picked a bad day wrt to MB.

Definately no lyrics coming down for FLACs.

Is there some setting I’m missing? Should FLAC lyrics appear in the same field as MP3 lyrics in Jaikoz?

Ive just tried it myself, and the lyrics did come down and were saved to the file ok. Perhaps you could send email me your support files (Advanced/Create Support Files) and I’ll take afurther look.

File sent.

Hi , where have you sent them because I havent received them

sent to support@jthink.net but according to my sent items its only just gone as I’ve opened Outlook to check (21:32 gmt). Must have not sent straight away for some reason.

Hi, according to the log you opened a playlist of twenty songs, and then Jaikoz found lyrics for ten of the twenty songs.

Sorry, that must have been an mp3 list. I’ve sent another file, this one containing 20 random FLACs, it couldn’t find lyrics for any of them.

It seems to be the same playlist (Missing Lyrics.m3u), from which you have run the Autocorrecter against it about ten times OR is this playlist being created with different songs each time ?

If it being run against different songs each time don’t you have a larger sample of Flacs you can run against because you might be hitting a specific issue with these files. Although the trial only allows you to save 20 files in one session you can run the Autocorrecter against many files, then use the context menu to save the selected files so you can check that the information is saved properly.

Alternatively send me one of your files so I can try it out myself.

As I write, I am running autocorrector on 500 random, unlyriced FLACs. This could take a while.

No point in renaming the playlist everytime I run it but the rules mean that each run brings up a different batch of files. I have run numerous batches of FLACs without finding lyrics including the whole Smashing Pumpkins album, Adore all of whose lyrics you can find on LyricsFly.

I’ll let you know the result of the test when it finishes

Cheers.

OK, 500 FLACs, no lyrics.

I can’t find a way of saving more than 20 files but I haven’t closed the program and have the support file if you want it.

I’ve sent you ‘17’ by Smashing Pumpkins which is a small FLAC file containing lyics that I had to add manually. Maybe you can find something there.

Thanks.

Just looked in the console and it says:
Task 2:Unable to to find a match for 500 songs
Task 2:Completed correct lyrics on 500 songs

Here’s a strange thing.

My playlist collects 20 random mp3s without lyrics. I import it into Jaikoz, it does its thing and I update the playlist in my media library (update library from tags) and the lyrics appear.

What I’m seeing though, is the odd file that has no lyrics in my library tags but does when imported in Jaikoz. That is, they are there with a white background before I run autocorrect but when I go back to the same file in my library, it is showing nothing in the Lyrics tag.

Any explanation for this?

Thanks.

Edit: Scrap this, these are probably from a couple of times that I forgot to update the tags in my library

No luck?

I deleted the lyrics from the file you sent. Then reopened in Jaikoz and ran Correct Lyrics and it correctly found the lyrics no problem so I am at a loss to understand why it doesnt do this for you.

Would it have anything to with Vorbis comments?

I notice that if I load flacs with lyrics into Jaikoz, the lyrics show in View, Edit and the bottom panel but not in any of the ID3 views. The lyrics tag does not appear in Vorbis comments until the lyrics are added, how does this work?

Having said that, it’s working for you with the same file so it must be something with my setup. If only I knew what.

Flac files don’t use ID3 tags, they are only used by MP3s.

OK, I dont’ know what I’m doing here but with a couple of flac files I’ve added UNSYNCEDLYRICS with % as a value to the Flac tag. In both cases, running autocorrect finds lyrics which are added to a LYRICS tag in the FLAC tag and the UNSYNCEDLYRICS remains there with the value %.

I can’t seem to show the UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag in Jaikov to see what happens to the lyrics if I delete it.

Any idea what’s going on here?

Cheers

No, but am I getting the whole story here ?

You seem to be saying that Jaikoz finds no lyrics when you run Autocorrect but if you add a UNSYNCEDLYRICS field using another application then Jaikoz does find lyrics okay ?

That’s what appears to be happening but the lyrics are going into a tag named LYRICS, not the UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag.

I opened the files in MP3Tag and thought about adding a Lyrics field to the tags but LYRICS wasn’t listed when I tried to add it as a new field. UNSYNCEDLYRICS was though so I tried that. I couldn’t add the field without entering a value so just put a % symbol there.
When I autocorrected the files in Jaikoz I saw lyrics appear in the lyrics panel at the bottom and when I checked the tags UNSYNCEDLYRICS was still showing the % symbol but a new field, LYRICS was there and held the lyrics.

The files play fine and the lyrics show in the track info visualization.

Do you think it would be OK to do a mass addition of UNSYNCEDLYRICS to all my unlryiced flacs?