SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Wrong tracknumbers from Discogs

If a release contains more than one disc, Jaikoz fails to grab the correct tracknumbers when getting data from Discogs.

All the tracks on disc 1 will have tracknumber set to 1, all the tracks on disc 2 will be set to track number 2 and so on.

E.g. Discogs release number 135321.

Hi, which version of Jaikoz are you using ?

Is it failing for all multi-disc releases or just this one ?

Discogs doesn’t have a standard way of numbering tracks on multi disc releases so Jaikoz has to parse a number of different formats in order to find the right one, and nothing prevents Discogs from adding new formats.

I’m using 3.11.1 and it fails for all multi-disc releases.

I’ve noticed some variations on the Discogs numbering with the most common being “disc-track”.

A fairly simple parser that only looks at the numbers at the end of the data would work in all cases I have seen on Discogs.
Something like the regex “\d*$
I.e. if the tracknumber string isn’t just numeric characters, it only parses the characters after the last encountered non-numeric character.

There was a fix put in for disc numbering in 3.11.1, I wonder if it has broken something, I’ll have to check.

No the problem was already there , now fixed for next release. (Usually track nos have already been matched by Musicbrainz and because this issue only occurs for multidisc cds it had not been noticed)

Thanks for the info, and fix. :thumbup:

I tried this out in the 4.0 beta and it works better now, but I have noticed another issue in that it sometimes get confused about the Track Total and a disc is listed as having fewer tracks than it actually has.

Discogs ID 145184 for example. Where Jaikoz thinks disc 2 has 5 tracks, when it actually has 7.

All 7 track numbers are filled in correctly, it’s just that Track Total for that disc is incorrectly set to 5.

I’m seeing this also but I assumed it was due to the MB switchover.

Sometimes it uses the wrong total even if it finds one complete release, sometimes about half of them stay blank, and about 1/3 of the time they fill properly.

My current filings are new releases and not showing up yet in MB so my testing is limited.

Found a bug in NGS Beta for updating the following fields from Musicbrainz:
Disc No
Disc Total
Track Total

May do another beta to fix this and a few other issues

This works much better now in 4.0 beta 2. :thumbup:

But it still can get confused by some releases. For example ID 207345 which is a 2-CD album with 9 tracks on each CD. But Jaikoz incorrectly tags it as one single CD with 18 tracks.

Update: This also happens for ID 88100. Maybe it has something to do with the “.” in the track number field.

No the dot is already accounted for in the file, it would help if you could send me a test set because with the files I cant replicate this.

The problem was that Discogs doesnt list the format as simply a 2 Cd release , instead it is listed as 1 CD album, and 1 CD Mixed

which confuses Jaikoz.

Compare with this release that simply states it as a 3CD release

this works okay

Now fixed for final release.

1 Like