SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Windows 7: No Java?

I’m on Windows 7 Ultimate RC x64.

I get this error when I try to install:
“Java 1.6.0 has not been found on your computer.”

If I go type in “Java -version” into my command prompt it says:

java version "1.6.0_13"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_13-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.3-b02, mixed mode)

Hi gamehints, were you able to resolve this error? I am having the same issue (though not using an RC). It seems Java is installing but not staying resident in memory, but i have no idea how to resolve this.

anyone out there have this problem (and the resolution?)

cheers

-Gaiko

I don’t have any problems with Java Build 1.6.0_18-b07 and Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit. It works like designed.

Maybe you better use the bat-file with this entries and then start the bat-file with “run as administrator”:

@echo off
set CLASSPATH=
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java” -Xms300m -Xmx1300m -XX:MaxPermSize=150m -jar lib\jaikoz.jar -l2 -m2 -f

I think that is the solution

Hi Alfg, sorry i should have posted, i figured it out, for whatever reason Java was not adding itself to the system path so i just included it in the environment variables and viola, it worked.

Thanks,

-Gaiko

And if you like to have more memory available in Windows 7 64 Bit with about 8GByte of RAM, use this:

[quote=paultaylor]https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=jre-6u19-oth-JPR@CDS-CDS_Developer

From the Platform dropdown select Windows X64[/quote]

with this entries in the bat-file:

@echo off
set CLASSPATH=
“C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java” -Xms300m -Xmx5000m -XX:MaxPermSize=150m -jar lib\jaikoz.jar -l2 -m2 -f

Thanks to Paul

deleted

Hi All

I’m experiencing the same issue with trying to install on windows 7 ultimat 64 bit. I read all of the post, downloaded and install Java from the recommended site and created and executed the .bat file to no avail. the jaikoz installer still does not recognizes that Java is installed.

I’ve also updated the System Variable “Path” and added the following:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java

if I issue java - version it does returns the proper value.

Any hints or suggestions?

Thanks

Cali

Hi, did you install 64bit Java ?

Try installing 32bit Java as well, then try and install Jaikoz, you can then remove 32bit Java if you wish.

Hello PaulTaylor,

I only installed 64bit java. I will install the 32 bit as recommended and give it a go.

Thanks for your reply. Greatly Appreciate it.

Cali