SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Windows 7 - Location of user files for Jaikoz database and other files

In the Jaikoz preferences, I can change the Database Folder. I’ve chosen:

C:\Users\Username\Music\Jaikoz

However, Jaikoz nonethless creates another, unwanted folder one level higher for other files like license, layout and settings:

C:\Users\Username\Jaikoz

I can’t find any way to tell Jaikoz to use just Music\Jaikoz for all user files, and never the higher-level folder.

Is there a way?

No there isnt, and really all these files should be going into C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\

That would also be OK for me, as long as they go by default into one folder, whether to Roaming\Jaikoz or to the User Database Folder in the preferences.

Could you please confirm, Paul, whether this is coded and working accordingly? With a fresh install of Jaikoz 64-bit on a fresh (fully updated) install of Win 7 64-bit, this is not what I get.

Thanks!

No Im saying I need to fix Jaikoz so that is uses the Roaming folder but I have not.

SongKong puts them in the correct place on windows 7 (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SongKong ), however jaikoz never has. It has always done it outside of the normal standards and used C:\Users\username\Jaikoz.

EDIT: Sorry Replied before I saw your reply created.

Not to nag, Paul … :slight_smile:
I’ve just installed jaikoz 8.0.0, after uninstalling my prior version completely (including removing folders from my filesystem).

After installing Jk8, I get these new folders:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Jaikoz with
license and settings files
\jaikozdb\ subfolder and
\tagBrowserIndex\ subfolder and
\logs\ subfolder

And nothing in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\

I can use the General -> Database setting to move jaikozdb to:
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Music\Jaikoz\jaikozdb\

But I still cannot move C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Jaikoz into my AppData\Roaming folder.

Is this one on your radar for Win7?

Thanks!

I havent forgotten but its a disruptive fix so Im going to do it when I do http://www.jthink.net:8081/browse/JAIKOZ-422 which is also well overdue.