SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Windows 7 and version 3.3.4

I am having issues loading the program. It gives a Java error I believe.

Java version. 1.6.0_16

Error Log:
08/11/2009 16.18.18:com.jthink.jaikoz.db.Db:printSQLException:SEVERE: Err:Table/View ‘DISCOGS_RELEASE’ does not exist.:ErrCode:20000:State:42X05
08/11/2009 16.18.18:com.jthink.jaikoz.db.Db:printSQLException:SEVERE: Err:Table/View ‘DISCOGS_RELEASE’ does not exist.:ErrCode:20000:State:42X05
08/11/2009 16.18.18:com.jthink.jaikoz.MainWindow:setupWindow:SEVERE: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Table/View ‘DISCOGS_RELEASE’ does not exist.
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Table/View ‘DISCOGS_RELEASE’ does not exist.
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.db.Db.emptyCache(Db.java:581)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.MainWindow.setupWindow(MainWindow.java:335)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.Start$2.run(Start.java:111)
\tat java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
\tat java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
\tat java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
\tat java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
\tat java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
\tat java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
\tat java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
\tat java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Table/View ‘DISCOGS_RELEASE’ does not exist.
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeBatch(Unknown Source)
\tat com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyStatement.executeBatch(NewProxyStatement.java:743)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.db.Db.emptyCache(Db.java:574)
\t… 10 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: Table/View ‘DISCOGS_RELEASE’ does not exist.
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source)
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown Source)
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown Source)
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown Source)
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeBatchElement(Unknown Source)
\t… 13 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Table/View ‘DISCOGS_RELEASE’ does not exist.
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown Source)
\t… 21 more
Caused by: ERROR 42X05: Table/View ‘DISCOGS_RELEASE’ does not exist.
\tat org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.FromBaseTable.bindTableDescriptor(Unknown Source)
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.FromBaseTable.bindNonVTITables(Unknown Source)
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.FromList.bindTables(Unknown Source)
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.SelectNode.bindNonVTITables(Unknown Source)
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.DMLStatementNode.bindTables(Unknown Source)
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.DeleteNode.bindStatement(Unknown Source)
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericStatement.prepMinion(Unknown Source)
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericStatement.prepare(Unknown Source)
\tat org.apache.derby.impl.sql.conn.GenericLanguageConnectionContext.prepareInternalStatement(Unknown Source)
\t… 15 more

Is this a known issue with Windows 7?

It looks like I have the same problem on my Mac. Altough the error message is less verbose (MacOSX hides the whole stack dump from me).

When I start Jaikoz 3.3.4 I get the following message:
java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Table/View ‘ARTWORK’ does not exist.

What is going on here?

Hi im running win 7 home premium 64bit and im getting teh error

java.sql.batchupdateexception: Schema’JAIKOZ’ does not exist

Ive tried a number of options under compatibility for both running and the install but no joy.

Any help gratefully received

matt

Hi, this problem can ocassionally occur on upgrading, just need to delete the jaikozdb as described in this post

http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/1095.page

[quote=paultaylor]Hi, this problem can ocassionally occur on upgrading, just need to delete the jaikozdb as described in this post

http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/1095.page[/quote]

I also thought that it might be some part of the old Jaikoz lingering around. I upgraded from a very old version (hadn’t used it in a while).

But I can’t follow the instructions as outlined in the post. I don’t have a “Jaikoz” directory under “Library” that I can remove.

Where did the 2.x version of Jaikoz for Mac store there settings?

PaulTaylor,

That fix worked for me. Which is weird because I did not upgrade the program. I actually installed 3.3.4 on a brand new windows 7 install.

I believe the error happened because Jaikoz takes a little time to load for the first time as it has to build the DB folder. And during that time the computer looks like it isn’t doing anything.

So if you run the startup program again (Thinking nothing was happening from the first load) during this time it must corrupt the database because 2 instances of the executable are both trying to create the database at the same time and end up corrupting the files.

So I deleted the DB folder and loaded Jaikoz once. Waited about 2 minutes and the program loaded correctly. Hopefully this information is helpful to others.

marklab, Interesting I’ll check out your idea.

I have windows 7, too. I couldn’t run jaikoz, until now. Thanks to marklab!

I deleted the jaikozdb folder, and it works. But I can’t to load any files with the file->add files button.

I can drag files to the jaikoz window, and it works fine.

I think, it could be write to the installation guide.

It should work, what about the Add Folder option ?

The same as add files.

This was actually exactly what happened to me. Fortunately, I was keen to try the program and had no problem finding this thread - it would be easy for a new user to write the program off if this happened though!

I think all that’s needed is an on-screen message advising that the database creation/connection/whatever is in progress.