SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Why were keyboard shortcuts changed? and they are listed 2 different ways now on Mac

file and folder renaming, from the menu bar it shows command 9 and shift-cmd-9, but if u right click on tracks it shows opt-cmd-9 and opt-cmd-sft-9, so whats the deal with that?

and why change the shortcuts to begin with? thats just really confusing when u update and all of a sudden things u normally do don’t work anymore, and it’s only a point release.

[quote=michaelg04]file and folder renaming, from the menu bar it shows command 9 and shift-cmd-9, but if u right click on tracks it shows opt-cmd-9 and opt-cmd-sft-9, so whats the deal with that?
[/quote]
All the tasks use different shortcuts on the main menu to the context menu because the main menu works on all songs visible in the main window whereas the context menu only works on the selected songs. I thought both of these options were needed but I am now considering that shortcuts should always just work on the selected songs because you can use Cmd-A to easily select all visible songs, and then the shortcut sequences would be simpler and there would be enough shortcut combinations for all tasks in Jaikoz.

[quote=michaelg04]
and why change the shortcuts to begin with? thats just really confusing when u update and all of a sudden things u normally do don’t work anymore, and it’s only a point release.[/quote]
I take your point, but with the current system I had to change some shortcuts to accommodate shortcuts for new tasks such as Correct from Discogs. Some numeric combinations are already used by OSX, so I had to reorganize some based on how many variations I needed.

well, that all makes sense :slight_smile: