SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Why does Jaikoz put a "\\" after certain replacements?

In the replacement list I had the word “and” replaced to “&”. However when Jaikoz does this, it replaces “and” with “\&”.

This also happens for example when I told it to replace “feat” with “ft.”
It ends up replacing “feat” with “ft\.”

Why is it doing this?

[quote=ozone]In the replacement list I had the word “and” replaced to “&”. However when Jaikoz does this, it replaces “and” with “\&”.
[/quote]
Thanks, Ive replicated this problem it occurs because ‘&’ is a special character in Javas’ pattern matching language and has sometimes has to be ‘escaped’ with a ‘\’ , but in this case it should not have been. Ill fix this.

[quote=ozone]I
Why is it doing this?[/quote]
But I havent been able to replicate this case, could you double check and provide the full text being modified, and the full contents of your word replacer, you can send screenshots instead if that is easier.

paul

[quote=paultaylor][quote=ozone]I
Why is it doing this?[/quote]
But I havent been able to replicate this case, could you double check and provide the full text being modified, and the full contents of your word replacer, you can send screenshots instead if that is easier.

paul[/quote]

1. Set the Artist for a mp3 to “Tom Cloud feat Tiff Lacey”
  2. Set the word replacer to replace “feat” with “ft.” (note: you must include the period… so, ‘ft.’)
  3. Enable the replacer for the Artist column
  4. Hit F2 to apply the corrector to the artist column

The result will be “Tom Cloud Ft\. Tiff Lacey”

I can send you a screen shot, but it’s exactly as I said. By the way, on another note, some ascii characters don’t show up properly in the Tags; rather, they show up as squares. Do you know what I’m talking about? Maybe you already know about it and are working on it, but if not I can screenie it.

[quote=ozone] The result will be “Tom Cloud Ft\. Tiff Lacey”
[/quote]
oops i didnt notice the ‘.’, same problem as ‘&’ and already fixed ready for next releease.

Squares are actually shown when the character is a unicode character that cannot be displayed such as Bell (\u0007) or Null (\u0000). If these values reside in Columns with Local Correcters such as Artist or Album they will be removed as long as you have ‘Remove Undisplayable Characters’ ticked in your AutoFormat settings for that column. If they are in another column, for now you would have to delete them manully.

If you think you have a case where there are actually values that should be displayed please send me more details.

[quote]In the replacement list I had the word “and” replaced to “&”. However when Jaikoz does this, it replaces “and” with “\&”.
[/quote]

This is fixed in Jaikoz 1.6.1, available now