SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Why does it take so long to write updates?

Is it just me or is it supposed to take a long time updating files. I have 8000 files I am trying to update and it takes hours after hours to write the updates. I can see the amount of data being transfered and it looks like it rewrites the whole mp3 file instead of just updating it. The last change I did is the Subdirectory / Filename update. Why would that not be just a simple file rename? Instead it looks like it reads the whole mp3 file then rewrites it and with 40+ gigs it is taking forever.

• James

I found the problem. I thought it was odd that my RX data (wifi) was high but the TX data was low. It was moving my files from my mounted volume /Volumes/Music to the root of /Volumes.

What setting do I change to keep this from happening? There is a folder setting that was set to ‘1’ for the level. Should this be 0?

[quote=jamesarm97]I found the problem. I thought it was odd that my RX data (wifi) was high but the TX data was low. It was moving my files from my mounted volume /Volumes/Music to the root of /Volumes.

What setting do I change to keep this from happening? There is a folder setting that was set to ‘1’ for the level. Should this be 0?[/quote]

When you load your files, you want to modify the ’ Specify number of folders above this selection to Set the Base Folder To’ in the Folder Dialog. This determines the split between base and subfolder so that when you do a Correct SubFolder from Tags only the part in the subfolder will change. Alternatively if the files are already loaded you can use ‘Action/File And Folder Correct/Shift Base Folder to SubFolder’ and ‘Action/File And Folder Correct/Shift SubFolder to Base Folder’ to shift selected mp3s between the base folder/subfolder.