SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Where is my licence???

Hi there Yesterday I bought your program and I paid 123 tl which is a record price for a software to be paid by me when you consider the minimum wage in Turkey is 890 tl. I was just wondering why can’t I receive my licence key as soon as I buy it. Don’t you have an automated system for this. Because I see that you are a very capable person for creating an automated system such as this simple. I have sent you an email regarding my key and did not receive any response from you. I understand that you are the only person who takes care of everything but it would be great if you could notify people before the payment that it would take you minimum 24 hrs or whatever to send a licence key. Because people like us when we pay something we would like to be able to use that thing immediately . That is the first reason we would like to buy that particular software .
Please no hard feelings these are just my suggestions which I believe should be worth something considering the 20 year experience I have with computers and technology …
Best regards

Hi, licenses are sent automatically immediately, the problem is that your Paypal account is linked to a hotmail email account, and at the moment licenses sent from my server to hotmail (and .live) email addresses get rejected, so I have to send them again manually, which i did about one hour ago, sorry for the inconvenience.

I have had this problem before with Hotmail, it was resolved and I’m unclear why the issue has re-occurred.

[quote=paultaylor]Hi, licenses are sent automatically immediately, the problem is that your Paypal account is linked to a hotmail email account, and at the moment licenses sent from my server to hotmail (and .live) email addresses get rejected, so I have to send them again manually, which i did about one hour ago, sorry for the inconvenience.

In have had this problem before with Hotmail, it was resolved and Im unclear why the issue has re-occurred.
[/quote]

Thank You very much yes I recieved it. I think it might have something to do with your server side. Because even when you send it manually I recieved your email to my junkbox. Maybe you need to contact the Hotmail team and verify your domain…
Thx Again

OK, got it

Hi, do you have now ?

I just bought a license and I did receive it, but its saying its not valid.

Edit:

It was just sorted by Paul, thank you.