SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Where has "Cluster Albums" gone in v3.8.2 Build 1085?

Is it just my install or has the “Remote Correct\Cluster Albums” function disappeared from Jaikoz v3.8.2 Build 1085?
I liked this function & used it often - can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks
Nigel

Autocorrect from Musicbrainz used to be very much track orientated its is now much more release orientated so the cluster albums is no longer needed. Additionally I’m trying to pair down the functionality to just what is needed so that Jaikoz isn’t overwhemlng

So are you saying that Jaikoz now automatically clusters to reduce the number of albums?

Yes

Is using Auto Correct the only way of doing this ie cluster songs to the minimum number of albums?

If so is this how I should have my prefs set to achieve this before running “Action\Auto Correct” across my library:

1. Manipulators\Auto Corrector\Correct data from MusicBrainz (only task required)
  2. MusicBrainz\Automatch\Do not match if already have a MusicBrainz Unique Id: UNTICK (since all mine already have an MBID and presumably it won’t lookup MBs release IDs if this is ticked?)
  3. MusicBrainz\Automatch\\Do extra searches to find original releases: TICKED (so it will find all release Ids that apply to each song)
  4. Remote Correct\Match\Prefer do not match to Various Artist compilations: TICKED (so it will try to match Earliest release albums)
  5. Remote Correct\Match\Preferred Release Date: Earliest (so it matches to the earliest release date found)

Thanks
Nigel

[quote=Nigeltag]Is using Auto Correct the only way of doing this ie cluster songs to the minimum number of albums?

If so is this how I should have my prefs set to achieve this before running “Action\Auto Correct” across my library:

1. Manipulators\Auto Corrector\Correct data from MusicBrainz (only task required)
  2. MusicBrainz\Automatch\Do not match if already have a MusicBrainz Unique Id: UNTICK (since all mine already have an MBID and presumably it won’t lookup MBs release IDs if this is ticked?)
  3. Manipulators\Auto Corrector\Do extra searches to find original releases: TICKED (so it will find all release Ids that apply to each song)
  4. Remote Correct\Match\Prefer do not match to Various Artist compilations: TICKED (so it will try to match Earliest release albums)
  5. Remote Correct\Match\Preferred Release Date: Earliest (so it matches to the earliest release date found)

Thanks
Nigel[/quote]

If you are just trying to group some songs together that have been split up into multiple albums you are using a sledgehammer to crack a nut by rematching all of them. Instead I would recommend going through your collection selecting the songs that have been split up album by album and use Match to One Release, if there is a release that contains all these songs this is the best way to ensure Jaikoz finds its.

Some notes about matching new songs:

If you have a compilation album and you want to keep your songs grouped to that compilation album but you would also like to get the best results for earliest release year,album artist fields then uncheck Remote Correct\Match\Prefer do not match to Various Artist .

However if you want to match the artist/album fields to the earliest release and only match to a compilation album if no other matches can be found then keep this option checked, but in this case I would uncheck Manipulators\Auto Corrector\Do extra searches to find original releases because Jaikoz will already be trying to match the earliest release to the main album fields

Theres no real problem I just wanted you to understand what they were for

So is the difference between these two preference settings as follows:

1. MusicBrainz\Automatch\Do extra searches to find original releases
    (ONLY affects the Action\Auto Correct menu option?)
    vs.
  2. Remote Correct\Match\Prefer do not match to Various Artist compilations
    (ONLY affects the Action\Remote Correct\Auto Correct Metadata from MusicBrainz menu option?)

Also in regards to the MusicBrainz\Automatch\Do extra searches to find original releases Preference - does this allow Jaikoz to match the song to a Release ID “…with same name but different length” as per the bottom of your initial post here http://www.jaikoz.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/1588.page ?

[quote=Nigeltag]So is the difference between these two preference settings as follows:

1. MusicBrainz\Automatch\Do extra searches to find original releases
    (ONLY affects the Action\Auto Correct menu option?)
    vs.
  2. Remote Correct\Match\Prefer do not match to Various Artist compilations
    (ONLY affects the Action\Remote Correct\Auto Correct Metadata from MusicBrainz menu option?)
    [/quote]
    No (not sure where you got that from), 1. does extra searches to find better values for original album & original year. Whereas 2. directs jaikoz to match songs to compilation only if it cannot find a decent match to a non compilation album.

[quote=Nigeltag]
Also in regards to the MusicBrainz\Automatch\Do extra searches to find original releases Preference - does this allow Jaikoz to match the song to a Release ID “…with same name but different length” as per the bottom of your initial post here http://www.jaikoz.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/1588.page ?[/quote]
Its allows to match the song to a song from an earlier album even if the song is different length for the purpose of populating the original album, year fields - it will not effect the song itself.

i.e to put it the another way, you cannot match your song to a song of a different length because they are clearly different, but the original album and year fields may refer to an album containing a different version of the song.

Ok I’ve got 1) & 2) - thanks for explaining.

Re MusicBrainz\Automatch\Do extra searches to find original releases
I think I’ve got it - would you say my explanation below is about right?
This option increases Jaikoz?s ability to populate the original album & original year fields by
a) doing extra MBs searches
b) populating the original album tag even if the song on this original album is a different length

Conversely if NOT ticked Jaikoz would disregard a match if the song is a different length.
So by enabling this option you increase your chances of populating the original album & original year tags.

Correct

Incorrect, when matching the song , original abum has no effect on what song is found. We only start working out the original album and year when we come to update your tag having decided the track it matches. Unchecking this option just means that Jaikoz only looks at albums it has already queried Musicbrainz for in the process of doing the original song match, and that it will not do extra queries in order to check other leads.

[quote=Nigeltag]
So by enabling this option you increase your chances of populating the original album & original year tags.[/quote]

Correct

Ok I finally got it - thanks again.