SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Where do I download SongKong 10.2 for Linux

My license ends wtih version 10.2. It looks like that isn’t being linked to for download.

Where can I download the version I have a license for?

Any license can be updated to latest version with purchase of 1 year of updates - we only maintain download links to the latest versions.

So what you’re saying because I don’t have the last update before the end of the year of upgrades… the license is useless.

This sucks.

No I’m not saying that.

For a very small fee you can upgrade your license so you can use with latest version. If you don’t want to do that then don’t install latest version just stick with the version you originally downloaded.

Well… I’m using verison is reporting

29/04/2024 17.17.20:GMT:AbstractAcoustidQuery:performBasicSubmissionQuery:SEVERE: Posting to url:http://api.acoustid.org/v2/user/lookup?format=xml&client=8XaBELgH&user=qkom4XSKKG
29/04/2024 17.17.20:GMT:AbstractAcoustidQuery:analyseErrors:WARNING: AcoustidError<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
6invalid user API key (“User with the API key does not exist”)error

29/04/2024 17.17.20:GMT:AbstractAcoustidQuery:doPerformQuery:SEVERE: Acoustid Exception looking up from AcoustId:<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

com.jthink.acoustid.exception.AcoustidException: <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

at com.jthink.acoustid.query.AbstractAcoustidQuery.doPerformQuery(AbstractAcoustidQuery.java:299)
    at com.jthink.acoustid.query.AbstractAcoustidQuery.performQuery(AbstractAcoustidQuery.java:227)
    at com.jthink.acoustid.query.AcoustIdQuery.lookupUser(AcoustIdQuery.java:157)
    at com.jthink.songkong.analyse.acoustid.AcoustId.isValidAcoustidUser(AcoustId.java:705)
    at com.jthink.songkong.cmdline.SongKong.setUserAgent(SongKong.java:682)
    at com.jthink.songkong.cmdline.SongKong.cmdlineStart(SongKong.java:1065)
    at com.jthink.songkong.cmdline.SongKong.finish(SongKong.java:1247)

What version are you using and what is your question?

But this error was fixed in 10.1 it was due to change by Acoustid rather than a bug in SongKong itself but we had to change SongKong to account for it, this is an example of why it is aways best to use the latest version.

8.7 is the version that I have the download for and it’s where this error is coming from. My license renewal lasted from 8 jan 23-8 jan 24 (So that’s version 10.2).

I was looking for the download for version 10.2.

Since the connection fails, it looks like that Songkong does not continue to correct and lookup the files I’m asking for it to process.

Ok, unfortunately you have left it too late you need to download the file within version update period to guarantee you can get it.

The version update period is related to a time period rather than particular versions.

So you’re leaving me with broken software.

No, I’m not going to give you more money. I bought SongKong, Jaikoz, and a license extension from you before. Heck, I even gave you the start for the dockerfile a long time ago. To show for this, I’m left with broken software.

I’m not asking for the latest version. I’m asking for the latest version within the license that I was promised.

Im not sure that SongKong is actually broken for you, but that error is caused by an issue with Acoustid, a 3rd party independent developer so totally out of our control. But despite that we spend time devising a fix so that SongKong can continue to work with Acoustid.

We provide low priced version update periods, and unlike other software even if you have never updated you can update immediately to get access to latest versions without having to pay for missing years. But access to all new versions every year is an ongoing payment not one time only fee so just because you have purchased a year of updates once before that doesnt mean never need to do again.

You are left with broken software (possibly) because despite having purchased version updates you havent kept your version updated in good time, and dont want to purchase another update to bring uptodate.

I get it, you’re acting in bad faith and you’re looking for any excuse to put the blame on me.

I’m not giving you more money, you’ve left me with software that’s broken.

I think it’s the other way round.

Cute.

You honestly think that I’m trying to rip you off somehow.

You are blaming me because you havent took advantage of your version update period.Im not blaming you for anything Im just explaiing to you how the licensing works.