SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

What happened to right click menu on OS X?

It used to have all sorts of Action commands, etc. but now it just has

Copy
Delete
Set Value
Paste
Paste First Value
Edit >
Capitalizer >

The removal of all the action commands, etc. kind of ruins my whole workflow when using the app the way I’d always used it before. :frowning:

What has happened is that for some time I have had this problem of whether main menu and toolbar tasks should work on all visible songs or just the selected songs, there are use cases for both.

So first of all I changed it so that if any fields were selected in the main table it would only work on those, if nothing was selected it would on all visible songs. However it is very difficult to have nothing at all selected, very often the first field and column is selected so I found I kept running tasks against only one song when I meant it to be applied to all songs.

So I then changed the selection criteria to be whatever rownos are selected instead. Row no selection is less used, now users can edit fields in the main table, but the tasks that apply to the song as a whole look at the rowno selection.

This bring into focus that most tasks such as Autocorrect apply to the song , only a few tasks like Copy and Paste apply only to the selected fields. So it made sense to simplify the context menu for fields to only have field tasks , the context menu on the rowno column still contains the context menu for all song tasks.

Hope this makes sense, note also that the context menu may be less important now because most tasks can now be added to the toolbar (see Preferences:General:Toolbar)