SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

WARNING: Unable to update iTunes:null

Hi,

I get this error “WARNING: Unable to update iTunes:null” after having autocorrected aprox. 2000 files on Jaikoz 4.5.1. Pro (Windows XP SP3, Pentium4, 1,5 GB RAM). When I click the okay-Button, updating iTunes is abandonned and all changes are lost/not transferred into iTunes.

If I do it only on some files, this error did not occur. Up to now it only happend when I used autocorrect on a big number of files.

Any idea? And how can I tell iTunes now all the changes that have been lost??

Thanks for advise! See Console-Protokoll below!
Nov 13, 2011 11:29:39 AM: INFO: Did not save 973 files because they were not modified or marked for deletion
Nov 13, 2011 11:29:39 AM: INFO: Completed saving of 1,142 songs
Nov 13, 2011 11:29:39 AM: INFO: Completed deletion of 0 songs
Nov 13, 2011 11:29:58 AM: INFO: Updating details for Birdland in iTunes library
Nov 13, 2011 11:29:58 AM: INFO: Updating details for (Then I Know) I Do in iTunes library
Nov 13, 2011 11:29:59 AM: INFO: Updating details for Ready 4 2 Instrumania in iTunes library
(…)
Nov 13, 2011 11:30:01 AM: INFO: Updating details for #6 Percusamba Correa, Portu, in iTunes library
Nov 13, 2011 11:30:01 AM: INFO: Updating details for Klaviersonate Nr. 23 F-Moll Op57 -Appassionata- 3. Allegro, Ma Non Troppo Presto in iTunes library
Nov 13, 2011 11:30:19 AM: WARNING: Unable to update iTunes:null

The good news is the changes are not actually lost. Jaikoz doesnt rely on iTunes for saving chnages to the file the ITunes integration is just to tell iTunes what has changed.

With iTunes integration off/not working a song in iTunes might look the chnages have not been applied, but if you just select Get Info on the file within iTunes it will then show the updated information. You can actually select multiple files and do GetInfo in one go.

The only problem are if you have used Jaikoz to actually move or rename files, then you might have to refind these in iTunes.

As for the problem itself could you please email me your support files please (Advanced/Create Support Files)

Hi Paul,
Thx for your Information! I’ve just sent my support-files.

One more question: if I use “Information” (i think this is the aquivalent in the german version to “get info”), iTunes thinks that you want to eddit a bulk of files. So you only can update the information if you do this on one file, but not on a bulk of files.

Is there another way to update the information on several files within the actual iTunes version?

Thx for help!

Just select Get Info for the multiple songs, and then do Cancel, thast all you need to do.