SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

want to remove the folder/sub folder when saving

for a certain portion of my library, I want to only capture the song name to a new folder after doing all the corrections. I have successfully updated the javascript to save the file name as desired but despite removing all references in the java script, when I ‘move if matched’, all the songs are placed in a folder which has the same name as the song. e.g. The song file name is Gentle on My Mind and I want this file placed in xxx folder (xxx/Gentle on My Mind.mp3). What I get instead is (xxx/Gentle on My Mind/Gentle on My Mind.mp3).

How do I remove the sub-folder Gentle on My Mind?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Make sure the SubFolder column is visible in the main Edit window , right click on the header and select Empty Column. Note there are separate tasks for modifying the filename (Rename Filename form Metadata) and Sub Folder (Rename SubFolder from Metadata)

Now when you run Move if Matched you should not get any subfolders.

Paul - thank you - it worked well. But, now that its done, I went to ‘Reset’ the Remote settings in the Preferences as the above was only for part of my song database. I found out that the ‘Reset’ does not put the original Java Script back in.
I tried deleting the App (I am on a MAC) and re-installing hoping that would put me back to square one and it did not. Is there a way to do this? I have looked on my MAC for some files to delete (in the library etc) but did not find anything.

I’m embarrassed to ask but hope you can help. Thanks.

Gary

No Gary, its my fault that Reset does not work as expected. Reinstalling preserves the settings because they are copied over to a user area. So if you remove the settings.jai from the user location defaults back when you start Jaikoz.

OSX
Go to Home : Library : Preferences : Jaikoz
Delete settings.jai
Start Jaikoz

Windows
Go to C:\Users\username\Jaikoz
Delete settings.jai
Start Jaikoz

Linux
Go to $HOME/.jaikoz/Prefs
Delete settings.jai
Start Jaikoz

Paul - I’ve both tried going to the folder location you provided and also searched my entire MAC for the settings.jai file but could not find it in either case. I still am seeing the revised java script and not the original settings.
Any ideas of what’s going on would be appreciated.

Oh sorry probably viewing the wrong Library folder, updated instructions for OSX below

From Finder, hold down Option Button and select Go menu
Select Library from the list
Select Preferences : Jaikoz
Delete settings.jai
Start Jaikoz