SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Using 3.0 beta 2 : no permission

Trying to tag a small subset of the files I was working on yesterday. I keep receiving this in the console.

2009…0508 10:43:40 AM [0x0-0xde0de].com.jthink.jaikoz[1770] 08/05/2009 10.43.40:com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.musiciphelper.PUIDQuery:generatePUID:WARNING: Unable to create Puid for:426:/Volumes/Backup/Katz Fixed/[T-Z]/West Indian Girl/West Indian Girl/06-West Indian Girl-Audiotrack 06.mp3Cannot run program “/Applications/Jaikoz.app/Contents/Resources/Java/genpuid”: error=13, Permission denied

I installed the same way as always, dragged from the DMG to the app folder. What should I look at?

Edit: looking at the permissions of genpuid via Get Info I see my user account has read write everyone has read and (unknown) has read.

OSXProblem only, you need execute permissions on this and a few other files used by MusicIP, not sure how this got missed in the build but you can work round it as follows

Start Utilities/Terminal
Goto /Applications/Jaikoz.app/Contents/Resources/Java/
Type chmod 777 *

I’ll upload a fixed version for OSX in the next hour

Okay that’s what I did but posted before thinking. Do you prefer small problems like this emailed, pm’ed, or posted?

If its an issue like this that needs sorting out quickly like this would be best to email me because Im likley to see it quicker.

If it is a question (which might be useful for others) always post.
If you think you’ve found a general bug you can post it, but if you need to send your support files then might be easier to just email in first instance.
If its a bug specific to your environment better to email.
I don’t really use the pm feature on the forum

The release has been fixed on the website now (Still Beta 2)