SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Update my current registration E-mail

Hi Paul

I had update to Jaikoz version 11 but it still an email that i don’t use for many years.
How do we change it ?
Initially i had receive a key but your server still gave me the old email registration.
Can you update the registration email please ?

Gilles

Both email are already associated with this license so you can use either for future purchases, no problem.

Because the email address is part of the license, in order to change the email address now I would have to issue you a new license and remove the old license. Many customers have changed their email address and I’m not going to start issuing replacement licenses, it would be an adminstrative nightmare for no real benefit.

Currently Jaikoz shows the original email address on title bar, but I do have an issue logged to show the current email instead - https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/JAIKOZ-1227

Once this is fixed your new email address will be shown on toolbar, but there is no way currently to change the email address shown

4 posts were split to a new topic: UNexpected Problem with Database on Jaikoz 11 on MacOS

Hi Paul

I’m having the same issue. I’m using Jaikoz for many years now and would like to continue.
My first licence is with email address : manu@aaguilaa.com and I recently purchased an update with email address : mdelaguila79@gmail.com

Can you please help ?

Thank you
Manu

Hi Manu

FYI when you purchased 1 year of updates you can enter original email address in the old email address field if it is different to current email address to avoid this problem.

But now fixed it for you, just restart and it will work, also linked both emails to this license so you can use either for payment.

Hi, I am having the same problem. Sent an email to support. Could you please fix it for me too?

Thanks.

Ask Master Paul he will help you

Ok, I already sent an email to the support.
Now I noticed I posted in the Jaikoz Forum. I actually have the Problem with Songkong. Sorry for the confusion.

Hi, now resolved updated expiry data just need to restart SongKong, and can now use new email address for future license update payments.

1 Like

Well, it happened again. I upgraded to pro with my new eMail Adress. Now I get again the message that no existing license could be found.
Could you please fix it (again)?
I thought I could use new eMail address for future license payments?
Thanks.

Hi Chris

Okay it is fixed for buying version updates, but the code for upgrading from standard to pro has not been updated, raised an issue https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/SONGKONG-2398

But it does work okay if when you purchase Upgrade Standard to SongKong Pro you simply enter old email address into the Original Email Address field, you don’t need access to this because license is sent to the email address associated with payment.

Can I check with you that you meant to purchase Pro upgrade rather than Version Updates.

Hello Paul,

thanks for the quick reply. Yes I wanted to purchase a Pro upgrade, because I want to use it with my Synology NAS.

Thanks.

Hi Chris, okay it was was easiest to just send you brand new pro license for your new address by email, and I have increased version expiry date so it matches old license.

1 Like

Hi Paul,
thank you for the great and quick support! It seems to work fine.