SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Update Metadata from Discogs doesn't work for me

Hi there,

First of all I just wanted to say that Jaikoz is a very nice software.
I tried to update fields from Discogs but all that it says is:
“Update Metadata from existing Discogs Ids was unable to find a match for 14 songs”

I also tried to search on Discogs site and found out that the album I was looking for exists in their database.
Can U tell me what I did wrong ? Are there some preferences I should set up or modify to get it work ?
I should tell U that I did the acousticID match and it returned the ID’s.
The MusicBrainz works fain

Is Release Discogs URL filled ? Its not default turned on. Try to show it by clicking on “colums” button in main view and find it, then click it, fill it and try tag from discogs.

Jaikoz has no crystall ball :slight_smile: must know where can fetch data from :slight_smile:

To clarify, some release in the Musicbrainz database have a link to a Discogs Release but the majority do not. So even if you have matched a song in Jaikoz to a Musicbrainz release it wont update details form an associated Discogs release unless the Musicbrainz contains that link.

But you can get round this by adding the the Discogs link yourself to the Discogs Release Url field of your song, or even better adding it to the Musicbrainz database itself - so everyone benefits.

Thanks for your answers.
I’ll try to get that Discogs column in my column view and I will surely update the MusicBrainz metadata…in case anyone will ever need that information

Keep up the good work !