SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Update Metadata from Discogs Bug

I found a bug in Update Metadata from Discogs in the new release…I dont know if it existed in the older releases…

If the release is a Multi-CD release Jaikoz gets no info contained after . It appears this is caused by the thread shutting down and going on to the next track because it doesn’t like the format 1.01, 2-03, CD1-01, DVD-02 etc.

I have verified that this is not the case with single disc albums.

Can you give me an example Discogs url which has this problem

Those are all different variations.

I dont think your analysis is quite right.

Jaikoz just uses the track position , so the 30th track on the Pavement release is Sensitive Euro Man. When I used the Pavement release I could successfully extract some title information (i.e stuff after released).

The only issue is that to match a particular song from a discogs release to one of your songs in order to fill in details like song title the match has to be made on either title, trackno or duration. So matching on trackno is not going to match for the second disc if your songs are labelled from one again in Jaikoz because the code currenlty doesn’t consider the discno when matching, this bit could be improved.

[quote=paultaylor]I dont think your analysis is quite right.

Jaikoz just uses the track position , so the 30th track on the Pavement release is Sensitive Euro Man. When I used the Pavement release I could successfully extract some title information (i.e stuff after released).

The only issue is that to match a particular song from a discogs release to one of your songs in order to fill in details like song title the match has to be made on either title, trackno or duration. So matching on trackno is not going to match for the second disc if your songs are labelled from one again in Jaikoz because the code currenlty doesn’t consider the discno when matching, this bit could be improved. [/quote]

I believe what is happening in the case of the pavement album is that it is reverting back to the “master” listing which is not numbered at all and simply incrementing the track positions. The Alkaline trio album for example has no “master” listing and fails in the manner in which i described originally. I never actually tested the pavement album I just wanted to give you an example of the different ways in which the track listings could appear.

Jaikoz doesnt use the masters at all they are not accessible from the webservice.

I’ll take another look at the Alkaline album.

I tested the Alkaline album, the main problem with it is that on Discogs it has no track duration, so to reiterate in order for Jaikoz to match a particular song from a discogs release to one of your songs the match has to be made on either TITLE, TRACKNO or DURATION.

So it can’t match on duration because Discogs does have the duration. If the Title is blank it cant match on that either, and if Track no is blank as well then it cannot do any match.

You can test this out, if you manually enter the Track No for each track in the track field as a single contiguous number 01,02…27 and run Update Tags from Discogs it should fill in the missing track info.

But as I said before there is a bug with not taking Disc No into account so if you entered the tracks as 1-13 and Disc No 1 , then tracks 1-14 and Disc No 2 it will only correct tracks 1-13