SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Unmatched folder is just a duplicate of my entire library

Last night I ran SongKong over my pop-rock library and instead of moving unmatched files/folders (or songs/albums) to the Unmatched folder I created, it appears to have simply duplicated my entire library in the Unmatched folder. Any idea why this would happen or how I can correct it? If I run “undo fixes” will it strip out the metadata fixes I was trying to make with this last SongKong pass?

No, never heard of that happening before, I would need to see your support files to try and work that out.

OK, I sent them. Hope they’re the right ones. I started to run Unfix twice before having second thoughts. Thanks.

Hi, thanks for support files, so your Base folder and Selected Folder was

/Volumes/iTunes WD 20TB/Music 2 jazz-blues-world/Media/Music

and your Unmatched Folder was

/Volumes/iTunes WD 20TB/Unmatched SK jazz-blues

and if I use Browse:Browse by Folder I see songs split as follows

which matches very closely with how many songs are matched to album (matches either Discogs or MusicBrainz album)

So I cant see the problem ?

The problem I’m seeing is between the pop-rock library (Volumes/iTunes WD 20TB/Music 1 pop-rock/Media/Music) and the Unmatched folder I made last night when I ran SongKong (Volumes/iTunes WD 20TB Music/Unmatched SongKong pop-rock). I don’t know where to find the Support Files for that.

When Create Support Files is run it sends me the last four reports of each type (Fix Songs, Delete Duplicates, Status Report etc) so in your latest support file i have FixSongsReport343,345,347 and 348. Sorry I looked thought 347 was the last one but there is 348, this is the Pop one.

FYI:If you select Reports:List all Reports it open a webpage with a summary of your reports

Okay for report348 there was a memory error

and this meant the report was not fully created so I cant see the folder structure, perhaps you could show what you mean with Finder screenshots.

Hi, maybe I see cause of problem, in your logs I see

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant com.jthink.songkong.text.SongFieldName.null
	at java.base/java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Unknown Source)
	at com.jthink.songkong.text.SongFieldName.valueOf(SongFieldName.java:19)
	at com.jthink.songkong.text.SongFieldName.convertUserPreferenceToList(SongFieldName.java:387)
	at com.jthink.songkong.analyse.analyser.SongSaver.userElectedFieldDelete(SongSaver.java:1955)
	at com.jthink.songkong.analyse.analyser.SongSaver.processSong(SongSaver.java:1729)
	at com.jthink.songkong.analyse.analyser.SongSaver.processSongs(SongSaver.java:787)
	at com.jthink.songkong.analyse.analyser.SongSaver.saveSongsToFile(SongSaver.java:1593)
	at com.jthink.songkong.analyse.analyser.SongSaver.saveChanges(SongSaver.java:275)
	at com.jthink.songkong.analyse.analyser.SongSaver.call(SongSaver.java:242)
	at com.jthink.songkong.analyse.analyser.SongSaver.call(SongSaver.java:75)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This is bug is fixed but not yet released - https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/SONGKONG-2289

But in SongSaver code because this is happening it is preventing code getting to the code that moves unmatched songs to unmatched folder, but I dont think this would create duplicate just not move the files I will get fix out as soon as I can.

OK. I will attempt to red-integrate the library. Thanks much!

Hi, just received your latest support files where you say:

SongKong froze up after loading about 98,000 songs. No reports were generated.

This is caused by no space on disk, from log:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: No space left on device

The SongKong database and cache use up quite alot of space that grows over time, it is mainly there for performance reasons, it caches details of your songs metadata so the files don’t have to be reread and details of releases downloaded from MusicBrainz/Discogs so we don’t have to redownload.

It can be emptied periodically if getting too large. The only thing to consider with this is that then Undo Changes cannot Undo any changes made up to this point because the modifications are also stored in database. This is usually not a problem since Undo Changes is intended for use shortly after running Fix Songs if any problems found.

Run File:Empty Database to empty the database

The reports can also take up alot of space over time, these can also be deleted using Help:Delete Reports

If you have more space on another disk then you could move the database to this disk, as you are on MacOS the details are at How to Move SongKong Database to different location on MacOS