SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Unicode Failure

Hi; appears that download unicode text from Discogs AND MusicBrainz to 9.1.0 fails.
Properly tagged files already existing show just fine,

but adding tags from the internet shows the unknown code square glyph.

Attempted to enter the proper text manually ALSO gives me unknown code glyphs. Though it displays properly WHILE I’m entering it. When I click enter/return the display input changes to square glyphs.

SOME of these resaved, newly updated and saved, tags show up properly in another viewer while others don’t.

Hi, so to be clear this album has titles in Korean, and it is a display issue since generally when you view the changes made by Jaikoz outside of Jaikoz they (usually) look okay.

We did have an issue with Korean (i think issue this is Korean specific) before so I think this must be a related issue, it seems there is something in the gui that cannot render all Korean symbols correctly - I will look into it.

In this cas yes, it also appears in Thai and Cyrillic based languages as well.
While it’s not an issue for downloading corrections (don’t really need to SEE the text to save it, I guess), as I said I’m having random issues getting it to save if I enter text manually; it saves boxes instead of what I typed out.