SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Undo Didn't Work

Was cutting and pasting another compilation together and in the process of [Click album]->[Triple-click lower tabs field]->[Ctrl-V]->[Rinse-repeat].

I mistakenly did Ctrl-V before changing out of the album (had clicked the title field). When I realized I had pasted the wiki URL into the album title field, I said oops and hit Ctrl-Z (Undo). The field went blank. Ended up typing it back in manually from the CD cover…

Second time this happened (an easy accident when you have to repeat the above process 224 times to get all the album info the same between tracks on a 16 track album :shock: ), I tried Edit->Undo, same result.

Undo only undoes all changes to a field, not one step at a time , so was the field blank to start with ?

I think you could massively simplify your coy and paste by copy and pasting within the table view. Every column can be displayed in the Jaikoz table, so if there is any value you need to paste to more than one song just select the correct value from one song then select the relevant field in all the other songs and paste once. Things like F’ind and Replace’ and ‘Prepend to Left/Right’ may also be useful.

Paul,

I want to concur… Undo seems broken in the current release for multiple pastes. I just accidentally pasted ‘Classical’ across three columns for all rows i was editing (eek, should that even work? very dangerous) obliterating hours of work getting all of the titles correct. Undo did nothing.

The field definitely had the correct title in it to start. Here was the steps:

1. Copied a value into the clipboard to paste into a field in the
    bottom info tab.

2. Clicked on the title in the table view to move to that song down below.

3. Accidentally hit Ctrl-V before clicking into the proper field wiping out
    the track title from the clipboard.

4. Hit Ctrl-Z

Field went blank.

I will definitely try adding a field to the table view for pasting. I didn’t realize I could do that.

(paste thing still a concern though)

Thanks.

Michael

[quote=chroma]Paul,

I want to concur… Undo seems broken in the current release for multiple pastes. I just accidentally pasted ‘Classical’ across three columns for all rows i was editing (eek, should that even work? very dangerous) obliterating hours of work getting all of the titles correct. Undo did nothing.[/quote]
I will look at Undo, but I dont agree that paste is dangerous it wouldn’t be very limited if you could only paste into one field at a time. After all none of these changes are comitted to file until you save them.

Agreed it doesn’t commit the error, but when its so easy to accidentally overwrite many hours of work in the working buffer with a single action, there should be a way to undo that action rather than starting over. Thanks.

Sure, I’m just saying its ‘Undo’ that is wrong not the ‘Paste’ function.

I can’t seem to undo either. Fields stay blue no matter how many times I try. Running 2.8.0 beta 2 though.
And it’s sometimes difficult to see if a selection is made correctly for e.g. a revert operation (no/wrong selection = revert all !)

Yeah, undo is not working properly at the moment, if you want to make changes to all values in a song you can use Revert to Saved