SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Unable to update itunes: null

I am getting this error and dont know how to fix.

In addition, when i don’t get this error, in instances that Jaikoz renames a file, Itunes will loose it and i have to manually locate it.

Please let me know what other information I need to provide.

Thanks,

Hi, I have had a look at your logs and Jaikoz is happily adding the moved files to iTunes until it gets to:

D:\\Music\\Music\\Limp Bizkit\\Three Dollar Bill, Yall$\\Counterfeit.mp3

Then this fails.

What should happen is Jaikoz logs this error and then carries on, but unfortunately what happens is the debug message that Jaikoz prints out expects a variable to have a value, and it doesn’t causing a NullPointerException which causes the iTunes Update code to finish abrubtly meaning that iTunes isn’t properly informed of any songs that have been moved meaning they get lost.

I’ve fixed the debug message already so that its definitently done for next release so that in your case iTunes would only have a problem with the Counterfeit.mp3 and all others would be recognised as moved okay.

But there is still the question of what the original error is, I suspect it is to with the ‘$’ in the folder name but I havent been able to reproduce the problem at my end so far. Could try within Jaikoz manually modifying the subfolder for this file to remove the ‘$’ and see if a subsequent force save then works okay, this would be very helpful to me.