SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Unable to update if musicbrainz is missing date.

I have a fairly well tagged large collection of music. It has all the basic tag information, artist, album, track no, song name, year. I have been going through and running all my music through jaikoz to try to grab some of the other id3 fields. Jaikoz is able to match most of my collection. I then typically go through and try to hand match any that jaikoz could not find a musicbrainz match for. Most of the albums jaikoz could not match did not have corresponding releases in musicbrainz which makes sense to why they were not found. However, out of the albums that jaikoz did not find matches for, but yet I was able to find the matches for in musicbrainz, I did noticed one common pattern. It seems that all these albums were ones that I had the release year for tagged in my music but musicbrainz did not have the year on their site.

Could there be something with how jaikoz tries to match songs on musicbrainz that it can not find a matching release when the files are tagged with the correct release date but musicbrainz doesn’t have the date info on their site? All the other main information matched on both my files and the musicbrainz site. Same artist name, album name, track numbers, and same or very similar track names on all the songs, as well as the same amount of total tracks.

I dont know , but I will certainly investigate this possibility.

I come across this a few times in each batch of 100 albums or so. Please let me know if you need some log files or anything, and I will be happy to send them your way on the next time it appears.

I cant replicate this issue, but still feel you might be on to something but need your help.

If it happen again, can you try removing date for the songs in this album and retrying if that then matches, can you send close the file without saving and retry with year and see if it still fails. If you can reliably reproduce it then please send me the files so that I can test it out.

Sure thing. I will do some more testing and get those files over to you if they continue to fail.