SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Unable to Start Jaikoz

A friend recommended that I use Jaikoz as i was previously using 4 separate programs, to do what Jaikoz can apparently do in one, so i downloaded the Trail and i got the confirmation that it had installed sucessfully, so i go to start Jaikoz and a dialog box appears:

Unable to Start Jaikoz

Unable to Create database C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\ Jaikoz\jaikozdb because failed to create database

hopefully someone can give me a solution

thanks.

Have you retried starting to see if that solves it.

yes i tried restarting, i even uninstalled and re-installed, and the same message appears.

Edit:

When i tried to start a second time, a new message appeared stating that one instance of the program was alraedy open, which it was not, when i looked in task manager, there was no sight of it.

Here’s the dialog box that appears (i split into 2 parts as its very long):

Can you open a command prompt and run Jaikoz.bat (instead of Jaikoz.exe) and post the output

message was:

Windows cannot find Jaikoz.bat

there is a Jaikoz folder on my PC (and Jaikoz.bat is there):

Did you change directory so that you were in the right directory

i.e

Open Command Window
cd “C:/Program Files(x86)/Jthink/Jaikoz”
Jaikoz.bat

Using “CD” command i browsed to the Jaikoz Directory and ran the batch file from there. This time i got:

Jaikoz is initialising

But again it did not open, and that dialog box i posted earlier appeared again, but a log shows:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: The database directory ‘C:\Documents and Settings\Buck Rogers\Jaikoz\jaikozdb’ exists. However, it does not contain the expected ‘service.properties’ file. Perhaps Derby was brought down in the middle of creating this database. You may want to delete this directory and try creating the database again.

Okay, well then please try deleting the

C:\Documents and Settings\Buck Rogers\Jaikoz\jaikozdb

folder.

where is the jaikozdb folder located, i don’t see it in the Jaikoz folder as you can see from the screenshot of the folder above.

Its in C:\Users\Buck Rogers\Jaikoz\ which is a subfolder of your users settings folder, NOT the Jaikoz installation folder.

found the folder and deleted it. Started Jaikoz and its now up and running, thanks for the assistance, much appreciated.

Great, glad we managed to resolve it eventually !