SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Unable to start Jaikoz - "Problem with settings.jai file"

Message box:
“Version number is not set, is your settings.jai file from a version earlier than Jaikoz 2.2:”
Then the OK button (not yes/no).

I uninstalled Jaikoz and tried reinstalling. No change.
I forced deletion of Jaikoz (from the uninstaller) - no change (also left the directory, at least).

I physically deleted the jthink folder from Program Files and reinstalled - no change.

Windows Vista

Dang, I just noticed that this message was in the other thread. I missed it the first time through. I just downloaded this now so it should the most current version. What else should I try/check?

I had a sessings.jai file in the “current user”\Jaikoz folder.

I had checked the user’s AppData folder but didn’t look up higher. Shouldn’t it be under the AppData folder?

Looks like it will start now.

Can I check, is everything ok now ?

Yes, removing the settings.jai from the current user folder did the trick. I think that I had installed it for only the current user the first time around (old version) and all users the first time or 2 with the new version.

I didn’t uninstall the older version prior to upgrading. I just installed the new one and probably left it at “all users” this time around. Then when there was a problem I started uninstalling/deleting things. I had checked the current user area but only in the AppData folder - I didn’t notice the Jaikoz folder further down.

I imagine that mixing between the original current user only install and the later all user install caused at least some of the problem.

At least one of the new installs, though, I did select current user only so at that point I would have thought that it would have changed/replaced the current user version.

I haven’t tried the 2.2.1 version yet - I’ll uninstall iTunes and do that in a bit.

THANKS for following up!!!