SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Unable to start Jaikoz - Already running??

Hi I am a new user to Jaikoz. I recently purchased a license and installed it. However each time I start it up I get an error message saying:

“Jaikoz is already running, you canot run another copy of jaikoz on the same computer”

I am not running Jaikoz at the same time though. I have done the following:

1. Restarted the computer
  2. Reinstalled Jaikoz
  3. Uninstalled and then reinstalled Jaikoz
  4. Reinstalled java
  5. Checked taskmanager for duplicate Jaikoz processes (I get javaw.exe and jaikoz.exe there which I think is normal)

I am running Windows XP SP3 + Java 1.6.0.11. I tried googling and it seems I am the only one having this issue.

Thanks.

I have run into the exact same issue. I am a paid customer with a valid license.

My computer setup is the same.

One thing I also noticed is that after installing Jaikoz, my start menu has 2 separate items. One is the jaikoz ladybug icon. The other is a generic icon that then opens into a Jaicoz ladybug icon and an uninstall icon.

Regardless of which jaikoz ladybug icon I click, a box opens in which the program then gives the “another copy of Jaikoz is running…” message. The only thing it allows you to do is click “OK” which then causes the rpgram to shut down.

I havent seen this error before, in the first instance I would have suggested a reboot but you’ve already done this. So instead lets try deleting the Jaikoz database instead, (this is the jaikozdb folder)

Under Vista this will be something like:
C:\Users\Tiro\Jaikoz\jaikozdb

XP will be something like:
C:\Documents and Settings\Tiro\Application Data\Jaikoz\jaikozdb

Your user folder is a hidden folder so you might need to do the following

Windows Vista: From the Windows Start menu, click “Control Panel ? Appearance and Personalization ? Folder Options” In the “Folder Options” window, click the “View” tab. Under “Hidden files and folders”, select “Show hidden files and folders”.

Windows XP: Open “Folder Options” from the Windows Control Panel (or from the Windows Explorer or My Computer “Tools” menu). In Folder Options, click the “View” tab and, under “Hidden files and folders”, select “Show hidden files and folders”.

That fixed it! I just renamed the old db folder “jaikozdb - DELETE” and then I started Jaikoz which recreated the db folder on it’s own.

I compared the two folders, and i notice that my old folder had two things which leads me to believe there was a locking issue here:

“tmp” folder
db.lck file

Most likely the db.lck file was never removed because of an early unclean shutdown sequence. I tried just deleting those particular files but that did not work, you need to remove the entire jaikozdb and let it recreate.

Thanks for the help.

Okay, good stuff sounds like Jaikoz could be a little bit cleverer than it is here.

It worked for me also! Thanks. This software is the best!

I cant find this file on my computer

C:\Documents and Settings\Tiro\Application Data\Jaikoz\jaikozdb

It was an example Tiro was the name of the user who was having the problem it wil be different for you. Also this only applies to Windows XP it will be different for Vista/OSX/Linux

I’m running mac osx 10.5.6 and have the sameissue. I cannot find the jaikozdb anywhere.

any suggestions?

Hi, look in Home : Library : Preferences : Jaikoz

I had the same issue and this fixed it. Thanks

Worked for me as well, but I will add an interesting note regarding situation.

During the installation Norton flagged Jaikoz as a threat and blocked it from running by placing it in quarantine, forcing W7 to note an improper installation with decision box to install with the recommended settings.

After several uninstalls, reboots, and reinstalls this solution (Delete/rename the db) worked immediately. Thanks for a great product and support. Regards.

[quote=JessHooks]I’m running mac osx 10.5.6 and have the sameissue. I cannot find the jaikozdb anywhere.

any suggestions?[/quote]
go in Home/Library/Preferences/Jaikoz/
and delete settings.jai