SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Unable to save large flac with embedded cover art via SMB shares

Hi there,

when I try to save flac files (maybe others too) that exceed a certain size (i.e. song ~20 minutes, flac 24/96, compression 6) including cover art, save does not succeed stating “because Map failed” when saving in SMB-Share. Saving cover art with other tag editors for the same file works.

Saving without cover art / saving of decently shorter tracks works.

Support Zip attached…

Can you clarify what you mean by SMB-Share ?

Samba Share, mounted as drive from within a Windows 7 box

Unfortunately, trying to attach a file to a post leads to a Null-Pointer:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
\tnet.jforum.JForumExecutionContext.enableRollback(JForumExecutionContext.java:272)
\tnet.jforum.JForum.service(JForum.java:209)
\tjavax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
\tnet.jforum.util.legacy.clickstream.ClickstreamFilter.doFilter(ClickstreamFilter.java:59)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.0.27 logs.
Apache Tomcat/5.0.27

Yeah known issue with the forums, please just email to support at jthink dot net.

I assume the large files save okay if saved to local disk.

[quote=paultaylor]
I assume the large files save okay if saved to local disk.[/quote]

They even save (or used to, as I do not have that linux client anymore) perfectly against NFS shares (over the network). Using Foobar to save artwork against the same file / share works btw.

Support files have been sent via mail.

Regards, Marcus

So you use Samba to make a linux filesystem available to Windows. According to the logs it fails because it runs out of memory but if you are saying the same file would work over NFS it seems the problem is specific to how Samba implements the filesystem calls, i.e confuses Java into requesting a larger map than necessary, or imposes an artifically low limit on how how much can be mapped.

I will try an implement a workaround solution if this problem occurs but it does enforce my own observations that Samba is general is not very reliable, can you not go back to NFS ?

[quote=paultaylor]
I will try an implement a workaround solution if this problem occurs but it does enforce my own observations that Samba is general is not very reliable, can you not go back to NFS ?[/quote]

My main machine - due to several reasons - is currently a Windows based machine with currently no option of reverting back to Linux (unfortunately…). So - I will have to use Windows 7 NFS Client. I will give it a try, but I know this is a pain.

I think Ive now fixed this now, try it out in 4.3.0 Final which should be out in a few days.

Edit: Mapped now NFS share under windows 7 using ms nfs client. Encountered the same error as with SMB mount!

Okay, think my fix should work in both cases.