SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Unable to open songs in SongKong

I’ve now, with support from my hi-fi dealer, managed to delete the required logs files as per your instructions. The advice given was to type into the search box the IP address which then took me to the internal and log files with no problem. This is their preferred solution as apparently there can be a number of reasons why the opening files through the “map network files” option may not work (as in my case).

Unfortunately not the end of the story. On trying to restart SongKong on the Melco I’ve toggled to “SongKong Service” and selected “Yes”. However, whilst the screen displays “On, please wait” and then “finished”, it appears to not actually be switching SongKong back on. The “Off” option is still ticked, and after waiting a number of minutes I cannot open SongKong on the PC. Discussed briefly with my hi-dealer and they wonder if it may need re-loading, but I realise it came loaded with the Melco.

Any thoughts/solutions appreciated. Thanks.

Can you show me the contents of the Logs\SongKong folder

Screenshot attached.

Try deleting Prefs folder and restarting.

Deleted “Prefs” but the Melco front panel is still not allowing me to change the setting to “On” successfully, so SongKong still not opening on PC.

Okay, try deleting the SongKong folder itself

No joy again. I see there is another folder under Logs which is “SongKongSupport.zip” which sat alongside Minimserver and SongKong folders, but I’ve not done anything with this one.

Okay, I will try this out myself in a bit. But having reattempted to start SongKong what has it created, has it recreated SongKong and SongKong/Prefs folders, has it created a SongKong/Logs folder ?

Thanks. From my understanding I don’t think it’s created any folders. After deleting the folders you asked me to, I am just left with the Logs folder in which there are the Minimserver and Support.zip file. It would appear that SongKong, for whatever reason, is unable to switch itself On from the Melco front panel.

So you have tried to restart it ?
Because I would have thought it would be able to create at least something.

Yes, I’ve tried on a few occasions, but on trying to open SongKong on the PC it just says “site cannot be reached”, as I don’t believe it is actually switching it on from the Melco panel as I highlighted previously. And in the folders on the PC, as I indicated, there is now only the SongKongsupport.zip folder in logs (other than the minimserver folder).

Hangon, trying to access from PC is not going to do anything. Have you tried again to restart SongKong from the OLED, that is what you need to do.

This is how it works,when trying to connect from your PC it has to connect to something already running, so in remote web mode SongKong is constantly running (albeit using little resource) ready to receive requests, this is also how Minimserver works, they are both working as servers.

Yes, as I indicated above, when I try and start it from the Melco OLED whilst it suggests it’s starting by displaying “on, please wait” and then “finished” the display is still “ticked” “Off” rather than “On”. When I say it won’t start from the PC is when I have waited five minutes before then trying to load SongKong via the PC to access music folders in the normal manner. As the PC is then displaying “site cannot be reached” I am assuming, as indicated by the ticked “No” on the OLED, that SongKong is not starting as it should via the Melco.

Yes, okay but have you retried starting SongKong from OLED since removing SongKong folder ?

I’ve tried to restart it again now, on doing so the SongKong folder reappears in Logs with the Minimserver folder and SongKong support .zip folder, although it is empty.

SongKong folder is empty still, please check now

No, the folder is still empty.

Sorry, my mistake I shouldn’t have asked you to delete the complete SongKong folder structure, I have replicated the issue.

Please create a folder called Logs inside the SongKong folder, and then start SongKong service from the OLED, that should now work.

Brilliant, back working in full, with all songs showing! Thanks Paul for your continued attention to this issue. Are you able to explain (in simple terms!) what the problem was, and what I should do in the future if it repeats itself?

Great, so the Melco allocates part of its drive for storing MinimServer and SongKong applications together with their logs, reports and internal database, you cannot increase the size of this. I think (but I’m not sure) overtime you ran out of space and this then caused the SongKong database to be corrupted.

The internal database is only necessary for faster processing, and if you need to Undo any changes, if you are happy with the results you can recreate at any time form the Admin menu, you can also clear out reports and logs from the same menu.

But to most effectively reset it it best to delete the Logs/SongKong/Database folder and Logs/SongKong/Reports, but if you delete the Logs/SongKong/Logs ona Melco that will prevent Songkong restarting so I should not have said to to do that.

1 Like