SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Unable to move/copy files

I get an error “You do not have permission to write to the write folder you have specified”. The “file” is a directory on an external drive, but I get the same error when I point to a directory on the C:/ drive. I am logged on as an Administrator on this PC, running Win XP SP2.

Please advise.

-Karen

Being administrator doesn’t automically give you permission to write everywhere, please check the permissions on the folder by right clicking ‘Properties’.

Understood. What I meant to say in addition to being an administrator is that I had full control over the files.

… and the folder they are in, can you create new files within the folders because sometimes temorary files have to be created.

Perhaps your logs (Action/Create Support FIles) will shed more light on this.

was this issue ever fixed? i am having the same problem, i am owner of the folder, also magic mp3 tagger has no problems moving the files.

It appeared to be a user error, maybe Jaikoz is creating a new tmporary file and magic tagger is just modifying the existing one (which is more risky in case the modification gets interrupted).

Like the previous user you need to check your permissions and send me yor log files to get to the bottom of this.

Paul,

I get the same error. I’m using 64bit Vista. I can create a new txt file in that directory then edit using text pad without a problem. It’s the local drive on my laptop.

I’ll try again and send you the support files.

Thanks,
Jim

I have the same issue. Where do I send my log files to?

support at jthink dot net

Same thing happens to me on OSX with the latest version of Jaikoz.
Needless to say, I have the necessary permissions to write to the locations where I tried to.
As I’m new to this software, I am not sure how to generate logs (although I’m sure the latter is a RT*M - type issue).

Advanced/Create Support Files

Is the problem when moving to a network drive ?

I’m having the same problem.

Jaikoz version 4.5.2 NGS build:1104. Mac OSX 10.6.8 Intel Core Duo.

When I attempt to use “save and move”
I get a banner saying that I don’t have permission to write to that location

All my permissions are fine, I even double checked to make sure in the info panel. The drive I’m attempting to save to is Not a network drive. It is an external drive. But as a test I tried to “save and move” to my home folder and that didn’t work either.

I’m sending all this info along with the support log to support@jthink.net.

Hopefully we can resolve this “save and move” would be very helpful to me right now.

Problem was that selecting a folder in the folder dialog by typing in a nonexistent folder rather than navigating through the folders.