SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Unable to match tracks to Discogs release

I’m currently evalutating Jaikoz for tagging my mp3 collection.

My music collection consists mostly of electronic music specifically hardstyle. i.e. a lot of single/dual track releases and ep’s.
I used to tag my music using mp3tag using the stevehero plugin and getting metadata from the beatport api.
Because beatport is only usable for official digital releases, a lot of my music could not be tagged, especially free releases and vinyls. Those releases exist in the discogs database, so recently I started re-processing all my music using Discogs as a source. My current workflow is tagging the files with mp3tag and the Pone plugin. The majority of my tracks get matched to the correct release. After that I run them through jaikoz, to get additional artwork and fill in some datafields left blank by mp3tag (mp3tag doesn’t support artwork for discogs)
However Jaikoz doesn’t seem to be able to match the allready correctly matched tracks to a release by mp3tag. I guess the succes rate is about 50%. I tried fiddling around by removing stuff like ft. vs. & from the metadata, but still i get a lot of failed matches, or even a single track which is part of a 4 track EP matched to another compilation, even though the other 3 tracks are matched correctly. Is there a way to manipulate so Jaikoz can get a match or can i force a match?
Also I’m wondering how often the albunack database is updated.

ps: i tried to create a support file, but it doesn’t get exported to my jaikoz folder.

We have this bug https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/JAIKOZ-1060 that would prevent some Discogs matches, a release of Jaikoz with this fix will be released this week.

Also, if you want to match a particular set of files to a particular release you can force it by just displaying those files then using Action:Match to Album:Matcxh Songs to Specified Discogs Album and then just entering the Disocgs release id or the full release url.

Albunack is currently updated monthly.

When you create a support file it tell you where it is created and you can then attach it to a support email (support at jthink dot net)

Thanks for your response. Manually entering a discogs id does work most of the time. However this procedure is quite a labour intensive process. Entering the discogs id in the relations tab however gives an immediate mismatch. This would save a lot of work, because i can batch edit this field using mp3tag.
Also i noticed jaikoz sometimes doesnt fetch artwork even though it is available. Also updating metadata from allready tagged tracks doesn’t work.
regarding the support file: I know where to find the option, but when is select it, the zip file can not be found at the location specified in the dialog window. I’m running the linux version on mint 17 by the way.
Overall i’m pretty satisfied with the program.

[quote=hardbass_junkie]Thanks for your response. Manually entering a discogs id does work most of the time. However this procedure is quite a labour intensive process.
[/quote]
Sure, well hopefully problem wil be solved by that bug fix I mentioned

Entering the discogs release url in the Release Discogs Url field would just prevent Jaikoz trying to match the Disocgs release because it would check that field and assume already matched. It would allow Update Metadata from Discogs to work though although you would need the trackno field to be completed as well for each track.

You need to give me some specific example plus your support file for me to help here.

[quote=hardbass_junkie]
regarding the support file: I know where to find the option, but when is select it, the zip file can not be found at the location specified in the dialog window. I’m running the linux version on mint 17 by the way.
Overall i’m pretty satisfied with the program. [/quote]
Try doing

to find where it is, Im not familiar with Linux Mint but I dont see why it wouldn’t be where it says it is.

Jaikoz 8.3.4 now released this should resolve your Discogs issue