SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Unable to make changes to this file because contains bad chunk data

Thanks for the support files, debug shows

07/02/2020 11.51.53:org.jaudiotagger.audio.wav.WavTagReader:readChunk:SEVERE: H:\16 Grootste Hits Van Corry\Corry Konings & de Rekels - 02 - Ik zie de zon.wav Size of Chunk Header larger than data, skipping to file end:estE:starting at:39436332 (0x259c02c):sizeIncHeader:1442840584
07/02/2020 11.51.53:com.jthink.jaikoz.data.wav.WavBridge:saveFileOnlyFromID3:SEVERE: CannotWriteException on attempting to save file:Unable to make changes to this file because contains bad chunk data
org.jaudiotagger.audio.exceptions.CannotWriteException: Unable to make changes to this file because contains bad chunk data
	at org.jaudiotagger.audio.wav.WavTagWriter.write(WavTagWriter.java:361)
	at org.jaudiotagger.audio.wav.WavFileWriter.writeTag(WavFileWriter.java:32)
	at org.jaudiotagger.audio.generic.AudioFileWriter2.write(AudioFileWriter2.java:73)
	at org.jaudiotagger.audio.AudioFileIO.writeFile(AudioFileIO.java:489)
	at org.jaudiotagger.audio.AudioFileIO.write(AudioFileIO.java:212)
	at org.jaudiotagger.audio.AudioFile.commit(AudioFile.java:115)
	at com.jthink.jaikoz.data.wav.WavBridge.saveFileOnlyFromID3(WavBridge.java:185)
	at com.jthink.jaikoz.data.id3.ID3Bridge.saveFileFromModel(ID3Bridge.java:201)
	at com.jthink.jaikoz.data.FileBridgeFactory.saveFileFromModel(FileBridgeFactory.java:183)
	at com.jthink.jaikoz.TagSaver$WorkerThread.run(TagSaver.java:658)
07/02/2020 11.51.53:com.jthink.jaikoz.TagSaver$WorkerThread:run:SEVERE: Unable to save record:RecNo:1 with filename:Corry Konings & de Rekels - 02 - Ik zie de zon.wavbecause of:Unable to make changes to this file because contains bad chunk data

So it looks like there was an issue reading the file but it managed to read it by skipping over data, but this caused more issues when trying to write it.

I have removed your links now that I have downloaded them.

Oke, so what’s the issue ? Because If have it with more music files, in different maps.

Is there a typo here ?

It looks like that it’s going wrong with, WAV files.
Did some test with FLAC files, and I get no error.

Yes it is an issue specific to Wav file. the original Wav file has a problem. Now whether it is possible for Jaikoz to workaround the problem and fix it or not is going to take some time to determine, should have an answer for you next week,

I expect its just a problem for you on a small set of Wav files, if you run over a larger set I would not expect it to occur for the vast majority of files, Jaikoz works fine with Wav files.

:frowning: OK, there is no work around for now ? or coming ? Because I have it a lot of more files.

Sorry I wasn’t clear enough, I waiting for you to run over a larger set of files to see if this was jut an issue with a handful of files or if it is endemic to your whole collection,

Thanks, I will do that tomorrow, after that do you need the log file ?

That would be good, yes.

Here the log files:

Also with more files no luck.

Hi, I had a look at the logs you dont seem to have tried on that many files, but anyway these files seem to have an invalid metadata chunk, and my other application SongKong cannot modify them either.

It may be possible for me to fix them, but since you seem to have many with the same error can you tell me:

• How the files are being generated ?
  • What application is creating them ?

as it seems there is a problem with the application used to create them.