SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Unable to create:D:\\Users\\Applescript

Jaikoz 64-bit cannot start. I get an error Unable to create:D:\Users\Applescript. (I don’t use ITunes.) I’m accessing the computer on which Jaikoz is installed remotely - I hope that this isn’t the issue, or that there’s an easy work-around.

I cannot reproduce the error here locally so maybe it is because you are accessing remotely. However even if this is the case if things have worked before it is likely that this is a 6.0.1 regression as I had to modify the code for setting up folders on first install significantly for Java 7 on OSX.

Ive raised http://jthink.net:8081/browse/JAIKOZ-749

I think the workaround would be to manually create this folder, and then try to install.

The Applescript folder is not even used on Windows even if connecting to iTunes (uses Com) so I can certainly improve this.I have fixed some OSX gui bugs in Jaikoz so plan to have Jaikoz 6.0.2 out today or tomorrow and will include a fix for your problem in that release.

Thank you, Paul. For now, I’m using Jaikoz on the machine I’m using to connect remotely, loading the music files found on the client machine. Look forward to the latest revision.

I updated to 6.02, and the system was able to find the applescript directory BUT… Now it is unable to find configuration file:D:\Users\settings.jai.

I’m running a relatively small SSD as my OS drive, and install all programs on the second (D:) drive. Most programs will install on that D: drive automatically (I made the appropriate adjustment to the registry for that to be the default drive), but not Jaikoz. I had to specify that drive manually when installing. Is it still looking for files on the C: drive?

No I dont think that is the problem,so it installs okay but then fails on startup ?

The problem seems to be that you don’t have a user ?

i.e. Jaikoz is looking for the file

D:\Users\settings.jai

but it should be looking for

D:\Users\username\settings.jai

or is your Users dir still on C: in which case it should be looking in

C:\Users\username\settings.jai

I don’t really understand what you are doing, there are two potential issues here:

1. Machine setup for D rather than C
  2. Logging in remotely

Note installation just copies the Jaikoz files into the specified location. Jaikoz is configured on a per user basis the first time you start it and this is where things are going wrong. I think the remote issue is more of a problem than the D issue, it is possible for you to install and run locally, then if that works try restarting and running remotely.