SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Unable to correct tags from filename?

I have my renaming mask set to %trackno%-%artist%-%title%
because my songs filenames in the set I’m sorting go 01-artist-title
the folder is the album.
It gets the album from the metatags I guess so that is not too important(although I’d like to know how to set it to correct from the folder they are in for album)
but the artist stays blank, even if I right click and choose correct tags from filenames.

Also when using save and move for some reason instead of going to last folder saved in, it goes at least one level up, and sometimes right back to the full list of drives in my PC. no rhyme or reason to which it does when however.
However if I create a folder within the folder it will save there every time
(D:/foldername will always bump me back to just D:\ on the next save and move if it doesn’t send me back to the main folder tree. but D:\foldername\foldername will save there everytime.)
Is there any setting I can change for that?
EDIT: Actually while I’m on here bothering you, there are two features I’d love to see
#1 is a hotkey(ctrl+m maybe?) for save and move.
#2 is the ability to see the local file, so I can check for artwork, hand correct names etc since it doesn’t seem to do it on auto 100% of the time.

[quote=StrawberryWeasels]I have my renaming mask set to %trackno%-%artist%-%title%
because my songs filenames in the set I’m sorting go 01-artist-title
the folder is the album.
It gets the album from the metatags I guess so that is not too important(although I’d like to know how to set it to correct from the folder they are in for album)
but the artist stays blank, even if I right click and choose correct tags from filenames.
[/quote]
Ive just discovered an error when doing Tag from Filename from the autocorrecter, it doesnt work correctly. Does it work as expected if you run it stanalone, i.e Remote Correct/Tag From Filename.

Ok, I’ll take a look.

Could do , the problem is finding hot keys for each platform that don’t clash.

You can see the file before changes, using Menu/Show View Pane is this what you mean ?