SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Unable to change Base folder

Jaikoz 6.0.6

I loaded a few flac files. Jaikoz will not allow me to change the base folder.
When I attempt to change the folder, it pops up a window asking me to choose the folder, I then choose it and jaikoz throws an error. The error says jaikoz must be restarted due to an unexpected error. it also gives this code:

java/nio/file/InvalidPathException

Hmm seems okay for me, support files please.

Files sent. Thanks.

The problem is that you are using Java 6, when you should be using the included Java 7 with Jaikoz. But I dont know if this is intended or not.

Interesting. I show I have java 6 and 7 both installed. Shouldn’t jaikoz be able to call which one it needs? My guess is 6 probably got installed bundled with some software similar to how jaikoz does it. Maybe subsonic or something. /shrug

On windows Jaikoz.exe does explicitly request the jre installed with Jaikoz (within the JVM32, JVM64 folder).

Are you using jaikoz.bat, the default it uses depends on various things in your system but you can modify it to ensure it uses the version bundled with Jaikoz.

Yup, I use the batch file. This is what I currently have in it:

@echo off
set CLASSPATH=
java -Xms350m -Xmx4800m -XX:MaxPermSize=400m -splash:splash.png -jar lib\\jaikoz.jar -l2 -m2 -f

Any suggestions on what I should modify?

Just specify the full path , for 32bit default location this would be

"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Jthink\\Jaikoz\\JVM32\\bin\\java" -Xms350m -Xmx4800m -XX:MaxPermSize=400m -splash:splash.png -jar lib\\jaikoz.jar -l2 -m2 -f

and for 64bit this would be

"C:\\Program Files\\Jthink\\Jaikoz\\JVM64\\bin\\java" -Xms350m -Xmx4800m -XX:MaxPermSize=400m -splash:splash.png -jar lib\\jaikoz.jar -l2 -m2 -f

Thanks, Ill give that a try.