SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Two digit track numbers

Hello there,

Forgive me in advance for my complete newbieness and lack of any js knowledge. Just bought the full licence and I bloody love this program, but I’m struggling with one small issue.

I’ve already read this thread:(http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/4422.page#10686) about the number of digits in the Track No. field, but I’m not sure how to implement the code.

Basically I want my tracks to look like this:

1. Smoove & Suonho - A Little Soul
  2. Smoove - Summertime

and they’re coming out like this:

1. Smoove & Suonho - A Little Soul
  2. Smoove - Summertime

Even though there are only two digits in the Track No. field. Can anyone help me please?

Can you show us your rename mask ?

Hey Paul, sure thing. Thanks for your reply.

On reflection, it seems to be that the rename masks now automatically add a ‘0’ to the start of the filename regardless. I sorted that problem (by removing the + at the start of the mask), but have encountered a new one (I’m sure it’s something I’m doing wrong).

There’s now a space at the end of every filename before the .mp3/.m4a extension. Ideally I’d get rid of the mp3/.m4a file extension entirely, but - failing that - how can rid myself of that extra space, please?

e.g. Turn

1. James Brown - There It Is (Live) .mp3

into

1. James Brown - There It Is (Live).mp3
    (or ideally)
  2. James Brown - There It Is (Live)

I don’t see why you would not want the file suffix (.mp3, .mp4 ectera), that helps the OS know what type of file it is.

You have a ’ ’ at the end because you have
+ ’ ’
at the end of your mask just remove that.

An embarrassingly simple fix - thought so. Thanks again, Paul.

Removing the file extension displayed on OSX doesn’t render the file unreadable, though.