The SongKong database contains:
- Details of every file loaded into SongKong
- Cached copies of releases and artists downloaded from MusicBrainz and Discogs
- Details of changes made to songs by SongKong
The first two items are there for performance reasons, the third is required for Undo Fixes task to undo changes made by SongKong. So if you have no reason to undo any of the changes made by SongKong you could empty the database and the only negative would be a possible initial performance hit if reprocessing the same songs.
We may also wish to clear out the database because:
- Would like to force SongKong to retrieve new versions of data from MusicBrainz and Discogs
- Support has requested you do this to fix a problem with the database
We can empty the database by selecting the Empty Database option from the Admin menu.