SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Trouble with installation of 3.8.2 -> Preferences

Upgrading to Jaikoz 3.8.2 the user defined Database Folder in Preference -> General -> Database was set to default. After I set the Database Folder to the folder I want, all Preferences were lost :frowning:

Confused precisely because worked hard on this release to ensure all preferences are preserved, can you send your support files please.

Just sent it.

From the Log I can see what has happened
Firstly your preferences are renamed to C:\Users\username\Jaikoz\settings.old
Then the Jaikoz Preferences for 3.8.2:\Users\username\Jaikoz\settings.jai
are updated sucessfully with the values in the old preferences
Then the database is deleted, but this fails compilaining it does not have permission to delete it.
Because this fails the update fails and Jaikoz reverts to the settings that would get a new install.

So a few points.

1. Why can it not delete the database folder, it shouldn’t be in use by Jaikoz at this point, is there a permissions issue.
  2. Seeing as the preferences were converted fine Jaikoz should use them even if had problems with database side of things, I’ll change this.
  3. Your old settings should still exist in C:\Users\username\Jaikoz\settings.old so if you close Jaikoz and delete C:\Users\username\Jaikoz\settings.jai and then rename settings.old to settings.jai, then restart Jaikoz it should attempt to convert the preferences again, if it doesn’t fail on the database deletion this time everything should work fine.

Paul