SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Trouble updating tags through discogs

Tags like Album Artist, Cat No, Release Discogs Url, Artist Discogs Url, Year, Media, Label, Genre and other things i might have overlooked don’t get tagged anymore when using Discogs ID or when i match song with discogs.

This happened overnight.

Hmm, is this updating to 9.3.0, what file format are you using, please email support files.

I use FLAC or MP3, but when i use matching to Musicbrainz and it has a Discogs URL it does add the corresponding Discogs links and other tags. It just stopped doing so when matching to Discogs.

So tagging works, but it doesn’t add the data i mentioned before anymore.

I just tried Action:Match to Specified Discogs Id and it worked if I entered the Disogs release url or just the releaseid.

If this is what you are using it could be that this is a recent release, Match to specified Disocgs Release uses our http://www.albunack.net database for performance and reliability but it is slightly behind the data in the Discogs database.

Can you give me the Discogs releaseid

Okay, so the problem seems to be because of the update afteral. i reverted back to 9.2.0 after removing the Program Files data + restoring settings in my User folder and now it does add the URL and other info again with the exact same release where it failed to do so in 9.3.0

Hmm thats make no sense to me since it works with 9.3.0 for me, have you sent me your logs ?

Yes, i sent them yesterday.

Okay, thankyou I think I have found the problem, an issue to with the new Single Discno Trackno field, I think if you added this field to Remote Correct:Discogs Update:Never Modify These Fields that would work round the issue. But I aim to release 9.3.0 with a fix for this later today

Alright, thanks. I’ll stick to 9.2 for now.

Its fixed, if you would like to download 93.0 again/install and retry before I announce that would be helpful.

Everything seems to be working again like normal!