SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Trouble Installing

I just purchased Jaikoz, the license doesn’t install when I doubleclick, but when I put it in the folder it seems fine, but then I get told a new version of Jaikoz is availible and that I am useing 5.0.0 and the latest version is 6.0.4 for 64 bit windows vista, yet when I go click on it, its the same one, there is nothing new so it wont let me use the program at all because if I hit cancel or anything the program stays open but nothing shows up.

To install the license you need to unzip it, then use File/Update license and select the license file.

Have you actually download Jaikoz 6 from http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/download/start.jsp and installed it yet, the update only informs you there is a new version it does not automatically install it for you.

I too installed the software just find from this site but my computer seemed infected within 10 mins of checking out the software. I did a system restore reinstalled it from cnet trial version for windows 7 64 bit. Got error message. Tried again from your site mind you I did sys restores to a previous point before the download and still error message. No zip folder to unzip the second time from this site?

If you download trial version keep it on your computer for less than 20 mins can you redownload it? Why when went to unzip nothing was there? Pls. help! Musiklife

I can assure you that Jaikoz will not infect your computer, and of course you can redownload it, if you cant there is something messed up on your computer, perhaps try a different web browser.

I would highly suggest downloading it from this site, http://jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/download/start.jsp , and NOT from cnet! I have been using this software for many a year and have downloaded it many times. I have never gotten any viruses or malware from it.

That being said, a lot of the software that is being downloaded from cnet, jaikoz included, comes with a very nasty cnet downloader and installer. I find this packager very messy and it DOES include malware and additional software. I would highly advise against it. I just went over to cnet and checked out their link and it was one of the software packages that they rewrap the software with their own bundled installers. I have attempted to use software they have packaged this way and have found it to install all kinds of malware including annoying browser toolbars. It will also set off alerts in software like malwarebytes.

I paid for the program, got my email confirmation with the license zip file. Followed the instructions and it say the license is not valid and is retaining the trial license… whats up???

well, I was able to finally install the license… had to delete ALL jaikoz licenses, then resave from email confirmation, then open jaikoz, it said had no license, got popup looking for path to license, entered path, now shows full license… what a pain… hope the full version of the program is worth all this. guess we’ll see.

Hi, sorry it was akward but I dont really understand the bit about ‘had to delete ALL jaikoz licenses’, you just open Jaikoz and use popup to select license.