SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

TRM vs PUID

I am trying to match quite a few files based on musicip puid.

I am guessing the following columns
TRM = Unique File Id
PUID = User Defined Text Info

I have told it to retrieve PUIDs, and autocorrect from musicbrainz

On the output, I have a few duplicates on Unique File Id, but very few duplicates for User Defined Text Info, but the updated tags appear to be based on the TRM (which have duplicates), and not the PUID (which has fewer duplicates)

Is there a way to autocorrect tags from PUID, as opposed to TRM?

[quote=cpicton]I am trying to match quite a few files based on musicip puid.

TRM = Unique File Id

On the output, I have a few duplicates on Unique File Id, but very few duplicates for User Defined Text Info, but the updated tags appear to be based on the TRM (which have duplicates), and not the PUID (which has fewer duplicates)

Is there a way to autocorrect tags from PUID, as opposed to TRM?[/quote]

Hi, TRMs are not used at all anymore. PUID is the MusicIP value within the User Defined Text Info (it also holds other values). Unique File id is the MusicBrainzId

Are the duplicates valid, is it identifying duplicate tracks in your collection?

Puids are created when you run retrieve acoustic ids whereas UniqueFileIds are created when you tag from MusicBrainz. I am wondering if you have less duplicates on the User Defined Text Info because some do not contain a puid, double click on the count to check, or look at your jaikozuser.log for information on how many acoustic ids were created. If you dont have an acoustic id then tag from musicbrainz is based purely on the metadata.

[quote=paultaylor][quote=cpicton]I am trying to match quite a few files based on musicip puid.

TRM = Unique File Id

Is there a way to autocorrect tags from PUID, as opposed to TRM?[/quote]

Hi, TRMs are not used at all anymore. PUID is the MusicIP value within the User Defined Text Info (it also holds other values). Unique File id is the MusicBrainzId

Are the duplicates valid, is it identifying duplicate tracks in your collection?
[/quote]
The duplicates under ‘User Defined Text’ are valid duplicates
Most duplicates under ‘Unique File ID’ are not valid duplicates

OK - that makes sense. I have checked and some do not contain PUIDs.

As my first run through the files, I want to only move those with valid PUIDs. Can I set up a filter for this?

No filter is available for this,yet.

Actually what your saying is you are much more confident about the records with Puids than those without. You could start again and this time set ‘MusicBrainz Settings/Minimum Rating Required if MetaMatchOnly’ to be 100, so for records without a Puid it will only do a MusicBrainz match if it gets a good meta data match.

[quote=paultaylor][quote=cpicton]
OK - that makes sense. I have checked and some do not contain PUIDs.

As my first run through the files, I want to only move those with valid PUIDs. Can I set up a filter for this?
[/quote]
No filter is available for this,yet.

Actually what your saying is you are much more confident about the records with Puids than those without. You could start again and this time set ‘MusicBrainz Settings/Minimum Rating Required if MetaMatchOnly’ to be 100, so for records without a Puid it will only do a MusicBrainz match if it gets a good meta data match. [/quote]

I suppose that this leads to my next question.

How can I only save/move files which have been successfully matched at musicbrainz (either through PUID, or standard metadata)

I want to leave the unmatched files untouched in their original locations.

Sort by the Unique Id Field, so records with a Unique Id Value are at the top. (Unique Id is not only used by MusicBrainz but it is quite unlikely that you have it used by anything else, scan through the values just to check, all MusicBrainz values have a value like bb8ed7-c549-4abe-883b-09ec1428b540)
Select the records in the record header as long as they have a unique Id field
Right Click and select ‘Save and Move’
Select the folder you would like to move the selected files to.

All these files will be saved, moved to your destination folder and removed from the MusicBrainz view.

[quote=paultaylor]
Right Click and select ‘Save and Move’
Select the folder you would like to move the selected files to.

All these files will be saved, moved to your destination folder and removed from the MusicBrainz view.[/quote]

Thanks - I had tried right-clicking in the fields in the main table, but not on the field numbers in the left column.