SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Translate foreign artist names to english where possible option

Translate foreign artist names to english where possible option is no longer working for me but works if I use picard

Is this with Jaikoz 4.1.1 or 4.2 beta. if 4.1.1 try the beta.

If it still doesnt work can you give me an example artist.

Something changed with aliases on the Musicbrainz server recently which effected Jaikoz, I think Picard works differently.

Paul

It was Jaikoz 4.1.1

The Beta Version picks up one of the aliases
eg

Cinemage by Ryuichi Sakamato is now displayed as RYUICHI SAKAMAMOTO which is the second alias in the list whereas

The No. 1 Tchaikovsky Album by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky is now displayed as Chaikovsky, P. I. which is the first.

Hope this helps

Dave

The Webservice no longer returns aliases in the same order as they are displayed on the website http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/MBS-2978 which IMO is a bug but not sure if it is going to be resolved , this s why the first alias displayed in the website is not the one being selected.

But there is a new concept of locales and if there is an artist with an English alias Jaikoz will use that. So Ive added an English alias to the two artists you listed and they should now work okay for you, of course you can edit the data in Musicbrainz yourself if you find problems with others.

Thanks Paul working great now