SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

TMCL (Musicians Credit List)

In the ID3 Edit pane, there is a Musicians Credit field (TMCL). Currently, it seems to be used as a single value text field. It should work the same way as Involved People (TIPL), storing role/artist tuples.

I use this field, albeit rarely, to track notable musicians contributing instruments or vocals. (In the long run, it would be nice if Jaikoz could pull down the various AR’s to populate this field.)

Yes, you are correct.

[quote=HaroldEvenson]
I use this field, albeit rarely, to track notable musicians contributing instruments or vocals. (In the long run, it would be nice if Jaikoz could pull down the various AR’s to populate this field.)[/quote]
Yes, also right although the one difficulty with this is that automatic matching is done the same for all file types, and we dont have fields mapped for the Musicians Credit because its essentially unlimited, in contrast some of the values in Involved People are mapped and can be autopopulated. i.e TIPL:producer maps to Producer field, but we don’t have fields for Violinist, Guitarist ecera. I think what Ill do instead is map TMCL frame to a a single Musicians Credit field that can contain multiple values.