SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Title/Name Doesn't Show Up or Update

Hi,

I have been having this problem since 3.5.1. I just upgraded to 3.6 to see if the problem would go away, it didn’t. Not sure if it’s really a problem or just something I am missing.

I have several songs in my collection that I’m trying to update the title so I have a long list. As I was going through them, I started noticing that hundreds don’t show a name/title in Jaikoz. When I look at them in iTunes, it shows it there. When I look in file properties, I don’t see it there either, but it is listed as the file name, just not title.

How is iTunes seeing a title but Jaikoz and properties doesn’t show it? I really need to update a ton of songs and really need this functionality. I did buy a license so I am sure that is not the issue. Is there an issue with the tag? How can I check that? Any other ideas??

Thanks for any help…George

Screen shot added…

Hi, if a song doesnt have a title field then iTunes just uses the filename as the title instead.

So is there a way to import that into Jaikoz or the tag? This is the major reason I purchased this software is to handle the Title changes. Thanks…

All iTunes is doing is displaying the filename as if it is the title, but is it in fact the title ?

If you want this value to go into the actual title field in Jaikoz you can do it in two ways.

1. Set the filename mask in Preferences/File and Folder Correct/Correct MetaData from Filename/Rename Mask to match your filenames and then use Action/File ad Folder Correct/Correct Metadata from Filename to exytract the info.

2. Move the column in the main window so that the Filename column is next to the Title column. Select fields in both columns, and then select Edit/Prepend to Right to copy the value from the filename field to the value in the title field in corresponding row.

Alternatively forget about the filename, and correct the title by making use f the various Autocorrect and Match to Musicbrainz and Discogs options.

Thanks Paul. Your last suggestion is actually what I want, to correct the title by Autocorrect but I am only getting a few corrections. Out of 100 songs, I might get 5 corrected. I carry mostly mainstream songs, not much if any of underground type stuff or local stuff. So I was surprised to see that only a few corrections have been made. This is really what started me looking into the blank titles when I saw there were no MusicBrainz updates and then I noticed the title field missing when it wasn’t missing in iTunes.

Thanks for the info, I’ll try some more songs and see what happens. As a last resort, I’ll revert to your first two suggestions. Thanks…

Don’t forget Match to Album/Match Songs to One Discogs Release this is a new feature that lets you correct automatically against Discogs even if nothing in Musicbrainz, and isn’t included as part of the Autocorrector yet.